Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 05:50 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times

Advertisements

Some kind of evil tummy bug wiped me out for today...could NOT read about food... couldn't even find the energy to type!

But... perking up a bit now at last, phew!

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Weekend

Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
A happy weekend to you to southdown. Get well soon.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:03 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
Thanks - good thing you couldn't see me today...I looked like this ...

Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
<grin> I think I've had that bug a time or two! I know I've felt the way you looked, at least. Hope you're quickly on the mend, and that the "f-word" (not THAT one, the one this forum is about) starts sounding good to you again soon.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:14 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
Well today I took it easy I took left over spagetti to MIL. She has been under the weather. I then went from there to my dad's to bring him dinner as well. We had antipasta salads for dinner tonight. Really good and good for me.

CheyDee mahi mahi is also one of my favorite fish mmmm mmmm
MiguelsMom sending you and your family well wishes. Those darn flu bugs sure spread quick. Same wishes to you SKBS.
Kelsie how do you prepare/cook your veal cutlets?
Crazyworld how did your chicken turn out?
HighlandsGal I am with you on it being a record breaking long week. Get some rest Hun!
Lacey when I come to visit you will you make those pork chops? I'll bring Cyn with me.....PLEASE?
JIMJ would you share your enchilada recipe?
Elston high five! Way to go! Whoooo Hooo! You can celebrate on Thanksgiving and not feel guilty one bit. IMO
NMS here is wishing you some luck on your sales.
Southdown I hope you perk up for the weekend
Arsbadmojo thanks for the sauerkraut how to. It seems fairly easy.
Cyn your hard work will pay off in the yard. Look you'll get the roses you wanted too Love you mom!

Bday party Sunday not sure what I am making. Carne asada maybe. Some fresh pico de gallo. Enchiladas would be good with that too.... Think I will soak some pinto beans tomorrow and make beans and oh I have a great spanish rice recipe that would fall perfect with the food theme. Anything else? Oh maybe chicken relleno hmmmmm

Old 11-08-2008, 04:18 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,311 times
yuppie yuppie yuppie..tonight..PIZZA!!

have a great Saturday everyone!

Old 11-08-2008, 04:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Gosh Amber...I may just have to fly out for that party! It sounds so yummy! Yes, the garden will be worth all the hard work, it always is but it's hard to explain that to my poor soar hands and legs right now and I am only started! Oh my!

Dinner was exceptional last night. Throughly enjoyed the steaks and shrimp! Hit the spot. DH watched the truck races, of course, and I fell fast asleep! Which ment I was up before 6 am this morning! It's back out to the yard today and hopefully make a bit more head-way out there. Now I have to rake up all the bark I put around the whole garden so I can repeat digging for any possible missed bulbs. At least all the obvious bulbs are out and the weeds are pulled! Whew!

Southdown, take care of yourself. From all that I have been reading up here this isn't a bug to mess around with. Make sure you take it easy and it is totally out of your system! We need you here!

A very good morning to everyone!!

Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Morning all. Good for you cyn on all the gardening and yard work you are doing

For supper tonight I have a pork roast (sales on pork and chicken at the super market) I lost another pound yesterday....so will allow myself a good supper tonight! Not crazy, but good.

There will be rice for DP and probably a salad...I have been substituting a slice of 12 grain bread for my starch....going on that South Beach Diet tip of avoiding white carbs...like the rice or potato.

Last edited by elston; 11-08-2008 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: deleted some of the off topic gardening questions I had put in.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good morning Cyn and all-yes let's all fly out to Amber's this weekend.

Paper guy pulled up and I headed right out as the wind is terrible and in a matter of seconds it took me-the paper was airborn and headed to the next town-hope wherever it lands they enjoy iy cause Mr. L won't be happy. Very icy,snowing and windy today.

Tonight nice lean arm roast slowed cooked with cream of onion soup,Lipton's on mushroom soup, carrots and fresh mushrooms, baked potatoes w/lowfat sour cream, fresh green beans.

Update-Mr. L (Nanook of the north) just chased the paper down-it was 2 lots down.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:21 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I had never heard the term "arm roast" so I googled it and found it can be either a beef or a pork arm roast. The Beef arm roast is one of the better pot roasts. The pork is often smoked and is called a picnic roast. Your recipe sounds delicious...and will smell wonderful cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink