Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times

Advertisements

I don't know but I wish fast food chains would offer organic/hormone-free choices. I would even pay more for them. I would like a Baja Fresh nearby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,548,139 times
Would love it if we had a decent pancake house like Bickfords

Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
I wish we had some decent places to eat on this end of town, but apparently the powers that be are under the impression that all anybody wants to eat in this town is FcDonalds. *Barf*

There are enough FcDonalds around here almost enough for 1 per person, while there's a dirth of anything decent (baja fresh for example). But then I live in Dogpatch lol

Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 PM

7,367 posts, read 5,482,511 times
I live in a small town so I wish we had a Chili's, Cheddar's or TGIF's. We might get an Olive Garden and everyone is very excited about that.
And I'm still mourning the loss of our Domino's Pizza which left town because our population wasn't big enough.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I wish we had little neighborhood outdoor mercados, with rickety tables, and ladies standing over big pots cooking beans and rice and tortillas, and dogs sleeping under the tables, and 8 year old daughters serving the food to the patrons. Like in Matamoros and Reynosa, just a few hours down the road.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:55 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
We have no seafood near us. The other side of town has a Red Lobster which is okay but doesn't have the feel of a real seafood place. We're not too far from the shore, not like Kansas. Our last good seafood place was a Seafood Shanty, I still miss it.
The other side of town has all the trendy places. Chilis, Outback, Fridays. We have an Applebees and a Red Robin so thats good. We're lucky in having some good local places, too.
More than anything I'd like a good bakery. The famers market has one across town and a private grocery store has a great one but its a half hour drive.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times
Another place I wish we had was a Rosa's Cafe and Tortilla Factory (Texas chain). I love those places. We lived for many years in their home town, and I miss them terribly. Every time we are back in Texas we make sure to find one.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Would love to have a Long John Silver's in my area. They have them, but all the way across town.

I went to Jack in the Box yesterday and was extremely dissapointed. I hadn't been there in over a year and I did not like the changes I saw. They no longer have a Dollar Menu, the least expensive fries are $1.79, and their least expensive burger is $1.49. I ordered the burger and was amazed that even the Dollar Cheeseburger at MCDonalds is bigger than that tiny thing they gave me. I mean, the patty was so skinny, it was worth less than a dollar, for sure. Was extremely dissapointed and the guy that worked there said that when they eliminated the Dollar Menu, the store had taken a real hit. I had heard that Jack in the Box was struggling to keep up with its competitors, but had no idea it was this bad. I'm not going back. At least not until they fix things.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:36 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
My DH and I can get to many big name restaurants 30-40 mins from where we live however, for convenience, sure would love to be able to stop every so often on way home from work, at a Chipotle's, or something similar that allows take-out.

We used to have a California Tortilla but they closed down, rumoured due to bad management. Sure miss them

Also need a decent Irish pub/restaurant, ie Fadó, Rí Rá, Siné, ...
One that fits more than 10 people comfortably.

What the heck... will even go for an Elephant and Castle.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times
Jack In the Box just recently came back to the OKC metro recently. Apparently they had been here many years ago, then left the market. I had not eaten at one in many years, even when we lived near one in Texas. When one opened not far from our house recently we went and tried it out. I was really disappointed. Definitely not what it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink