U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:10 PM

5,747 posts, read 4,621,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
so some dude gets some high quality beans from any number of sources available puts his label on them, sells them for a crap load, then tells you to put grass fed butter and coconut oil in them to lose crap loads of weight and increase your IQ level.
If you read anything you would know it is from a SINGLE source (an estate in Guatemala at about 1250 meters) - the guys nuerotic about purity, I just like great clean coffee that tastes freaking awsome. Actually, you can get the 5-1b bag for $1 an ounce. I do not drink alot of coffee (maybe 2 cups max in one day and not everyday) so it lasts longer - it is one of my luxeries not a staple like some 5 cups-a-day folgers guy - that stuff is crap. The IQ thing had nothing to do with the coffee. Stop being so reactionary to a simple idea to get COFFEE LOVERS to try something different - JEEEZZZZ!

I frankly am not a coffee fan because so much of it taste like S^&t, but when I find a good, smooth, crisp coffee that gives you a good boost - I am on it. The unsalted butter is very creamy and loaded with good quality fats - it taste delicious.

I think any coffee that is roasted Arabica will do - Starbucks Guatemalan Finca Los Caballitos is actual more expensive at $2 an ounce for an 8 oz bag (not sure if they have a 5lb bag).

Last edited by Shiloh1; 06-07-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 12:42 PM

Here is a little info on coffee in general, with studies linked, on one of his pages Coffee: 5 Reasons You Can Perform Better & 10 Ways to Live Longer

I think he is honest about the studies and the correlation/causation problem.

I did not come here to promote or defend his medical or health points or any other stuff on his site, they may or may not be correct, but to say that it is a great cup of coffee that does give me a good smooth mental and physical boost - so TRY IT.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Just give me my Folgers.

The idea of oil and butter being added to coffee kinda makes me throw up a little in my mouth.
Wrong ideas are often dispelled when you actual try something. How the hell you can stand Folgers is beyond me - smells like dirt.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameAlreadyTaken View Post
It sounds gross, but I might try it one time just to confirm it. I had never heard of this until reading this thread, so believe me, I am not optimistic.
Don't use any butter but real unsalted creamed butter and blend it instead of trying to stir it (hand blender is just fine - you want a foamy head on it. You can add your own litte extras if you want. Hope you like it.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:08 PM

10,869 posts, read 14,210,148 times
You're the one proselytizing. And now you're amazed that some of us aren't buying what you're selling?

I like my Kenya AA. Without coconut oil and freaking butter, thanks.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
You're the one proselytizing. And now you're amazed that some of us aren't buying what you're selling?

I like my Kenya AA. Without coconut oil and freaking butter, thanks.
God what is it with people! How am I proselytizing Genius? What am selling? I a amazed at the knee-jerk reactions, like yours, to a simple suggestion about trying Coffee in a new way for coffee lovers Einstein. I think it tastes great. People came in here with their smart A$$ remarks asking for 'proof' about things I never mentioned (like IQ levels or weight loss) not even understanding what 'proof' actually means. I am giveing them the info they requested Scoopy. If you have aproblem with his claims and the studies he cites - I don' give a Scoop - I think it tastes great and gives a good boost.

You can't avoid confrontation even in the Food and Drink thread - SAD - SCOOPY SAD!

Oh,I did not say coconut oil but MCT's from coconut oil - read more carefully Scoopy.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:23 PM

35,120 posts, read 40,051,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
How would you know if you don't try it? Gosh, the closed-mindedness of some
I know what I like butter on and in and coffee is not one of those things so sue me. It is my coffee and if I choose NOT to put butter and oil in it so be it.

Quote:
What's there to prove about the coffee? The same goes for any coffee. His claim that coffee has mold is a fact - all coffee does - it is the process and growing conditions that he is picky about. You can question where any coffee is from and how it is grown.

Read the studies on MCT (Medium-chain triglyceride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

My point is that it taste freaking great and is a clean boost of mental and physical energy - I don't need to loose weight - I have been between 160-170 since H.S. and I am going on 43. Frankly, the guy has some stupid stuff on his sight but the coffee is kick A$$. He incorporates this with his diet, skips breakfast (has the coffee instead) and follows some other stuff to loose weight - I linked him to give credit to his coffee not his whole freaking website or other ideas.
Use the appropriate word for your sentence please, it is LOSE. You LOSE weight so your pants become LOOSE. Third graders know this one.

Quote:
Don't use any butter but real unsalted creamed butter and blend it instead of trying to stir it (hand blender is just fine - you want a foamy head on it. You can add your own litte extras if you want. Hope you like it.
The ONLY drinks I want a "foamy head" on is Beer and Root Beer NOT coffee, milk, tea, orange juice, water, or hot cocoa.

Quote:
God what is it with people! How am I proselytizing Genius? What am selling? I a amazed at the knee-jerk reactions, like yours, to a simple suggestion about trying Coffee in a new way for coffee lovers Einstein. I think it tastes great. People came in here with their smart A$$ remarks asking for 'proof' about things I never mentioned (like IQ levels or weight loss) not even understanding what 'proof' actually menas. I am giveing them the info they requested Scoopy. If you have aproblem with his claims and the studies he cites - I don' give a Scoop - I think it tastes great and gives a good boost.

You can't avoid confrontation even in the Food and Drink thread - SAD - SCOOPY SAD!

Oh,I did not say coconut oil but MCT's from coconut oil - read more carefully Scoopy.

So you think it tastes great yeah you, I think leftover pancakes with butter and sugar on them tastes great...what is your point?

Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I know what I like butter on and in and coffee is not one of those things so sue me. It is my coffee and if I choose NOT to put butter and oil in it so be it.

Use the appropriate word for your sentence please, it is LOSE. You LOSE weight so your pants become LOOSE. Third graders know this one.

The ONLY drinks I want a "foamy head" on is Beer and Root Beer NOT coffee, milk, tea, orange juice, water, or hot cocoa.

So you think it tastes great yeah you, I think leftover pancakes with butter and sugar on them tastes great...what is your point?
Bro you can drink what you freakin want - no one is forcing you to try it. How a suggestiion turned this thread into snide nit-picking remarks only suggest that you guys need to chill with some BP coffee.

What's my point? Are you that dense - I have made my point 3-4 times Skippy.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:37 PM

10,869 posts, read 14,210,148 times
You're the one calling people "Skippy" and "Scoopy." You're also the one with knickers so in a twist that you have lost the ability to spell or form coherent points. Maybe the only point we're picking up is that you drink a very strange brew in the morning and are AWFULLY smug about it. We're picking that up because that's what you're laying down.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:39 PM

7,672 posts, read 9,878,965 times
Only butter in drinks for me would be a hot buttered rum toddy. And sparingly at that.

I have high cholesterol so that would not be good for me in the least. But individually I can see why some of the stuff is good for you. I am still on the fence if when blended together, that it tastes good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or