Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:45 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
You're the one calling people "Skippy" and "Scoopy." You're also the one with knickers so in a twist that you have lost the ability to spell or form coherent points. Maybe the only point we're picking up is that you drink a very strange brew in the morning and are AWFULLY smug about it. We're picking that up because that's what you're laying down.
My OP had no smugness whatsoever. I am only smug in response to smugness - are you gonna keep making irrelevant points and nit-picking words like lose vs. loose - your genius is overwhelming me - please stop. My knickers are fine - I am having fun with these knee-jerk responses, that's why I am using skippy and scoopy - they are playful. Try it some time it's great - just like BP coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 01:50 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Only butter in drinks for me would be a hot buttered rum toddy. And sparingly at that.
That sounds good! I will try it!

Old 06-07-2013, 04:36 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
That sounds good! I will try it!
Warning you, it's quite good! :-)
Starter basic recipe,
Raising the Bar -- Hot Toddy & Hot Buttered Rum - Slashfood

Instead of water, I use my favorite hot tea blends.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:02 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
From Bulletproof's affiliate program:

Quote:
Join our team and help spread the word about your favorite products, and get rewarded for your efforts. Our system tracks referrals from your site and pays you commission on our revenue for every new client you send our way.
Shiloh you may simply be an enthusiastic customer and lover of this coffee but from your OP I got a "sales vibe" and found that they have an affiliate program which made me go . Granted I do have an overly-energetic BS and sales pitch detector so I may be way off base.

It does sound somewhat intriguing (and I am something of a coffee snob) so I sent it to my brother, who is an uber coffee snob and scholar and roasts his own beans and has literally thousands of dollars worth of coffee roasting and brewing equipment, to see what he thinks.

I'm always open to new stuff and this sounds perhaps worth a try despite the sort of silly overall message! I'm not savvy enough to tease out what is BS and what may be legit on that site though.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,909 times
I don't know if I'll try this or not, but I'm amazed at the number of folks saying, essentially, "ewwww butter in coffee" but butter is nothing but cream beaten to a frenzy and the liquids (whey) drained away. If you put cream in your coffee, or at least don't have a problem with others putting cream in their coffee, why is this an issue?

Old 06-07-2013, 06:36 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times
Funny how people will go cuhhrayyyyzee over an unfamiliar idea.

In parts of Asia, tea is served with butter in it. And if you have ever had coffee with cream, that has butterfat in it. Matter of fact, all the non-dairy creamers work hard to reproduce the mouthfeel that butterfat provides.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:37 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
From Bulletproof's affiliate program:

Shiloh you may simply be an enthusiastic customer and lover of this coffee but from your OP I got a "sales vibe" and found that they have an affiliate program which made me go . Granted I do have an overly-energetic BS and sales pitch detector so I may be way off base.

It does sound somewhat intriguing (and I am something of a coffee snob) so I sent it to my brother, who is an uber coffee snob and scholar and roasts his own beans and has literally thousands of dollars worth of coffee roasting and brewing equipment, to see what he thinks.

I'm always open to new stuff and this sounds perhaps worth a try despite the sort of silly overall message! I'm not savvy enough to tease out what is BS and what may be legit on that site though.
Like I said earlier - He has some BS stuff on his website and much more stuff that I did not bother to read yet. I am not part of his 'program' or any other for that matter - I did not even know about that. I gave him credit for the recipe that I put-up in the OP - which I don't see how it was in anyway a 'sales vibe.'

He seems overly sensitive to processed foods and is obsessed with purity - I am not so much - I just like the coffee (something that I am picky about since I find most coffee tastes bad) and its boost with the MCT's. He has got a New Age vibe to me - I am leery of alot that stuff. The health issues he cites seem legit.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 06-07-2013 at 07:01 PM..

Old 06-07-2013, 06:44 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Funny how people will go cuhhrayyyyzee over an unfamiliar idea.

In parts of Asia, tea is served with butter in it. And if you have ever had coffee with cream, that has butterfat in it. Matter of fact, all the non-dairy creamers work hard to reproduce the mouthfeel that butterfat provides.
That's exactly how he got the idea and to start looking into a better cup of coffee after he had given up coffee for five years.

"I start the day with a cup of Bulletproof coffee. I learned about the power of butter at 18,000 feet elevation near Mt. Kailash in Tibet when I staggered into a guest house from the -10 degree weather and was literally rejuvenated by a creamy cup of *** butter tea."

Why is Y.A.K. sensored?

Ok! I never knew that ***, as slang, meant a fat, overweight female.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 06-07-2013 at 07:07 PM..

Old 06-07-2013, 07:05 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
The Arabs figured out centuries ago that coffee improved cardiovascular stamina and mental awareness along with several other benefits, certainly nothing new.

I will agree wet processes high elevation single source coffee beans are usually the best and on average develop less mycotoxins during the fermentation process.

That being said just got my shipment of Kona peaberry in last week. Now that is some kickass bulletproof coffee.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Warning you, it's quite good! :-)
Starter basic recipe,
Raising the Bar -- Hot Toddy & Hot Buttered Rum - Slashfood

Instead of water, I use my favorite hot tea blends.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink