Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:06 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,096 times

Advertisements

Here are links to compare the different models within the Vitamix and Blendtec blenders, includes the suggested prices:
Compare Products | Blendtec.com
https://secure.vitamix.com/Blenders.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 04:14 PM

4 posts, read 19,147 times
I have a blendtec. As Sue Q-B saaid it is super tough and a fyi Vitamix copied their patent from blendtec. I use mine on regular basis for smoothies, soups, peanut butter, cashew butter. I had mine for 4 years and I love it.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,882 times
Hello
I got a Vitamix back in October 2013.
Didn't really expect much and some of Amazon.com reviews suggested usage problems.
Glad to be proved wrong. You can also check a few reviews here Ninja vs Vitamix
It totally blitzes (almost) everything - exception so far is mixed seeds and dried goji - seeds completely blend, goji only partially blend leaving a very pleasant texture.
Reviews suggested leakage problems - just need to make sure not to overfill and you can really tighten down the lid - not a drop has spilled for me.
Other complaints are about cleaning - if the blades are rinsed immediately after use then no problem, if left until food is stuck on, then not so easy.
I've had juicers before, prep and cleanup were a real pain.
I've even tried whole kiwi fruit, nothing hairy in the totally smooth blended drink.
I ended up getting mine mail order from Selfridges, 'cos the TV company that took my order had actually sold out - Selfridges gave me the best tracking experience of an order I've ever received.
Noticed at the weekend that Robert Dyas are selling them.
Cheers

Old 09-28-2015, 03:26 PM

238 posts, read 227,365 times
We love the Blendtec - it is one of those I never knew how badly I needed this until I had one appliances that I will replace as needed, we love it that much. I like my drinks blistering hot (coffee) or frozen (frappes) and even my daughter's Vitamix does not do as nice of a job on the frappes. YMMV. She is planning on replacing hers with a Blendtec as well when hers craps out, but can't justify the cost as long as it is working since hers does a decent job - just not as good as the Blendtec for what she/we use it for.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:43 PM

983 posts, read 994,457 times
I have a Vitamix and I treat is as a major appliance. Refridgerator, stove, dishwasher, Vitamix.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:20 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,466,637 times
I don't work for Blendtec or Sam's Club but just saw this deal..

Blendtec Total Blender with WildSide Jar and Mini Twister Jar - Sam's Club for $299

Old 09-30-2015, 10:53 AM

70 posts, read 69,802 times
I have a Blendtec, though I use it rarely for ice it worked pretty well.

I use it for my breakfast smoothies (homemade kefir, oatmeal, banana, frozen berries: blue, straw and rasp and sometimes pineapple)

It pulverizes food. Breaks down the food so that there is no graininess at all. I LOVE it.

I've also made hummus with the smaller jar, easy. EASY to clean, NO sharp blades, and a turn off switch on the back to save power and keep children from turning it on by playing with the front buttons.

Has easy settings that let you select one button and walk away, 90 seconds later it turns off and you have a smoothie.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:08 AM

33 posts, read 39,317 times
I haven't used a Blendtec but Vitamix is regarded as industry standard in most places I've been.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,882 times
I have a vitamix and that thing was worth every penny. We got it from costco online, it comes with way more accessories for the price that way. Never had or heard of the others.

I will add that it is easy to clean, powerful, with the different accessories you can do wet or dry goods. We make almund flower among other things with it. Smoothies come out great. Does everything we need it to do very well..I think there is a decent review here Ninja vs Vitamix

Old 11-15-2015, 09:58 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,070 times
Vitamix for sure. My son has a Blendtec and he loves my Vitamix.

Check out what the smoothie shops use. At least in my area they have a row of Vitamixs in every shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink