Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 05:27 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Bosco, Teaberry gum, Tab soda, and Appian Way boxed pizza mix.
I remember the TAB commercials,,in the 70's ... one was a beauty walking on the beach in a bikini, and another walking thru a park with white shorts...lol

o'grady's potato chips,,,dont know if that was a regional thing,,,but 25 years ago, they were a best seller and all the sudden stopped..

coogle...peanut butter??

and the little soda's you had to buy by the case, cant remember the name,,but quite a fad- you return the bottles for credit towards another case

marathon candy bars,,,,,id chew on them like a dog eating peanut butter

zarex...the zebra?? I havent seen that in years,,,some kind of sugary syrup for fruity drinks

the little square taffy candies....squirrel nut....some green mint,,and yellow banana ...not sure if these still sell..

those little plastic bottles with juice inside -waxy candies for chewing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 05:32 PM

297 posts, read 743,305 times
I miss chili cheese burritos from Taco Bell. Think you can still find them at some locations but not around where I live.

A penny candy from my youth called ice cream chews. Loved those things!

Little Debbie used to make something similar to the Nutty Bars, but it was layers of chocolate wafers with mint creme instead of pb between the layers, all covered in dark chocolate. I think they were called mint sprints?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:43 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Bosco, Teaberry gum, Tab soda, and Appian Way boxed pizza mix.

I have seen Bosco syrup several time recently. That one is NOT completely dead.

You can occasionally find the Teaberry gum at World Market.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:38 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Tab is still around too; I've seen it in cans at larger grocery stores.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
I remember Sen Sens, Zero candy bars, Chiclets, Walnettos, Black cow, and Now and Later candy.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Mellow yellow soda
postum- was a coffee flavored drink mix for people who could not have coffee, my husbands grandmother drank this hot and she had thyroid problems and her docotr said no to coffee even decafe.
wheetabix cereal
Kaboom cereal
rock candy
At my grandmothers she had straws that were filled with powderd chocolate drink mix, you cut both ends pour the powder into milk stir and use the straw to drink from.
Goober grape
Frozen donuts that came with a chocolate frosting packet that you heated up in the microwave, then heated up the donuts in the oven and drizzled the chocolate icing on top.
Otter pops
Dolly Madison Ice cream have not seen that in years
candy buttons
sizzle lean-Why sizzle fat when you can sizzle lean?
Alba 77 mix

Old 11-05-2012, 06:56 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
I remember Sen Sens, Zero candy bars, Chiclets, Walnettos, Black cow, and Now and Later candy.
Oh my gosh, Zero bars! I used to looooove those. Your post prompted me to look online and, sure enough, they have them on Amazon. The packaging is different but, even setting that aside, I'm sure that they're not the same as in the "good ol' days."

Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Bosco. It was a chocolate syrup like no other. I'd love to get my hands on some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Bosco Syrup.
The season of treats, joy and excess is here.

The Original Bosco Chocolate Syrup - 22 oz Squeeze Bottle: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
My 85 year old Dad sure misses Postum. He drank it as a replacement for coffee which he can't have.
It's back, same formula and same taste.

Now if only Post Toasties would come back.

Postum Original, 8 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Schweppes Ginger Ale. Not sure if they still make it but I can't find it ANYWHERE
Schweppes Ginger Ale, 2-Liter Bottle (Pack of 6): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
Remember the candy "cigarettes"? Those certainly would not be acceptable in today's society! I grew up in a time when more people smoked than didn't, and I remember us kids with those candy cigarettes acting cool!
Let the little nipper pretend he's grown up; and what's more grown up than smoking a cigarette?

Everyone needs to look at the packaging.

Amazon.com: Accoutrements Candy Cigarettes - Just Like Dad: Toys & Games

Remember Chuckles? They're still here.

http://www.amazon.com/Chuckles-Candy...words=chuckles

I guess one item you can't eat is OK, Jeris hair tonic. It was once found in every barber shop. Now you can hardly find a barber shop. They carry others as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Jeris-Hair-Ton...rds=hair+tonic

Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Larry's Poor Boy frozen sandwiches. The Milwaukee Journal - Google News Archive Search

By the way, many of the candies and gums people miss are available from the Vermont Country Store and other on-line vendors.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Mellow yellow soda
mello yellow is still sold in my area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink