Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 02:57 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times

Advertisements

I'm not a picky eater by any means. Very few main stream (non organ meats) foods I can't eat. Even some I don't really like the taste of I eat in small amounts knowing that there is the possibility of a nutrient my body needs and I accept that and eat as long as they don't gag me. One such food is black olives on pizza. I will not pick them off. Less than 5 veggies gag me.

Now for the part that I just don't do. I don't do buttermilk. Just something about it I can not face a glass of it to try even. Maybe it is a food phobia. I do eat it in cooking as in buttermilk biscuits. I know what buttermilk is but still no way I'm going to try it. There has got to be a better way to get whatever it has in it. How about you? Any food phobias that you just will not give a chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 03:25 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,215,635 times
Raw oysters. Never tried them. Cannot bring myself to eat them. (I won't say what they look like to me.) The same with oyster soup. I just cannot get past the look of the oysters. Now fried oysters I can eat. I never order them when I go out for seafood here at home but I have eaten them at the beach and they weren't too bad.

Any kind of liver is another food I will not eat nor am I willing to try it. Just not going to do it.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:27 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
I tried a fried oyster once and could not get it down. Fried clam strips OK but the oyster tasted to much like liver and the more I chewed the bigger it got. I gracefully spit it out before I choked to death. I came close to needing that "Hindlick maneuver"

Old 08-18-2013, 04:34 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
tripe and blood sausage..

baked beans is a food i havent consumed in 38 yrs.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:59 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
There's pretty much nothing I won't try, including any time of organ meat. Some went down fine, some didn't.

But kidneys, never. I've smelled them being prepared. Can't do it.

The two worst things I ever put in my mouth were a spleen sandwich and a cup of Folger's Instant Decaf.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:07 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times
Sardines.
Tomatoes.
Fennel.
Clams.
Scallops.
Collard greens.
Liver.
Lamb.
Glass of milk.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
wow, Gilah really has a list of foods that are mainstream he/she doesn't like. That sounds like a few people in our family, but not many. We are a family that eats just about anything. Spoiled brat is pickier than I am, he doesn't eat and I mean doesn't eat any olives except in Tamale Pie, don't ask why? He won't get near liverwurst and would be happy if I never fixed mushrooms. He used to hate brussel sprouts, now he likes them ok. I have a few things I can live without: yes, tripe and stuff like that, but I don't call them, really main stream. neither of us like oysters except for smoked. Even those we can do without, but they are fairly good on crackers. I can choke okra down, only if I have no choice. As for buttermilk, I know it is something many people do not like, I love it, especially in cooking.

None of these things have I not tried, I am always game to try something new.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:22 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I won't eat anything that comes out of the water.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:41 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
The Sushi FAQ - Sushi Items - Uni (Sea Urchin)

I am not fond of Sea Urchin, have never tried it, never will. There are no sushi restaurants where I live, and I am fine with that...

Old 08-18-2013, 07:53 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,709 times
I have never tried sushi. My daughter loves it, but I just can't imagine I would. I refuse to eat it.

I also refuse to eat raw tomatoes.

Some meats like fried chicken livers or gizzards that my husband loves, I refuse to cook or eat, too. I've never eaten oysters, and I don't believe I ever will.

Oh, mashed potatoes and white gravy.....yuck! I won't eat them ever!! Same with baked potatoes. (I can eat French fries, but I prefer not to. If I never had potatoes again, I wouldn't miss them.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink