Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:21 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Popcorn or fresh home roasted nuts: almonds, pecans or walnuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 05:18 AM

638 posts, read 993,393 times
I eat a variety,but most of the time it is flavored rice cakes and red grapes. Sometimes,I will have some other fruit or orange treat salad with extra mango oranges and pecans in it. Then later on before I go to bed,I have a small glass of milk with granola,granola bar,nutri grain bar,fiber one bar,cereal,cashew clusters(Costco)or peanut butter on graham crackers.....something that goes well with milk. Once in a great while,I have popcorn with almond m&m's on movie night.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
wow, I am surprised at how many people eat after dinner. I guess I was just raised in a family where dinner was the last meal. Of course maybe some of you eat earlier than we do. About once a week we might have an ice cream bar, but other than that, dinner is the end of the day for food. I would say, if spoiled brat had his way we would have ice cream or something every night after dinner. Even the ice cream is usually eaten as soon as we finish dinner, just like dessert when growing up.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, I am surprised at how many people eat after dinner. I guess I was just raised in a family where dinner was the last meal. Of course maybe some of you eat earlier than we do. About once a week we might have an ice cream bar, but other than that, dinner is the end of the day for food. I would say, if spoiled brat had his way we would have ice cream or something every night after dinner. Even the ice cream is usually eaten as soon as we finish dinner, just like dessert when growing up.
We usually eat dinner by five just about every day, hardly ever eat dessert with it. By 8-9pm a crunchy snack is "sometimes" in order or a little dessert.

Dessert in our family is usually only eaten with dinner on special occasions or sometimes on the weekends.

However as you pointed out as a growing up for me some kind smallish dessert was usually served at the end of each Dinner. Jello, cookies, one scoop of ice cream, etc....

Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,545,355 times
What I'd like to have is just about anything made with sugar or anything salty.

But since I'm counting calories I have something like a piece of fruit, or a couple of oatcakes with low fat cheddar, or a packet of baked crisps, and always lots of herbal tea (although I'd much prefer beer).

Old 10-11-2013, 11:21 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,011 times
Nothing for me, after dinner I'm done. I don't eat dessert either. However, after lunch (which is my favorite and biggest meal of the day) I do have a square of dark chocolate every day. It's about as sweet as I can handle.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:32 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,712 times
If I'm feeling naughty-naughty, a small neapolitan ice cream cone (130 calories of absolute crap); if I'm feeling goody-goody, a Kashi Chocolate Almond Butter soft-baked cookie (130 calories of absolute bliss – and 4 grams of fiber; fiber is a girl's best friend .)

Kashi's Oatmeal Dark Chocolate soft-baked cookies are also delicious (130 calories and 4 grams of fiber), but the Chocolate Almond Butter cookies are absolutely divine, and they're actually good for you (10 grams of whole grains, 4 grams of fiber, 1 gram of saturated fat, dark chocolate, and almonds). It's all pleasure, no guilt !

Old 10-11-2013, 01:34 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,761,684 times
Last night, I enjoyed a delicious apple after dinner.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:07 PM

364 posts, read 708,269 times
Either yogurt or nuts, preferably raw cashew nuts from Trader Joe's.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
We usually eat dinner by five just about every day, hardly ever eat dessert with it. By 8-9pm a crunchy snack is "sometimes" in order or a little dessert.

Dessert in our family is usually only eaten with dinner on special occasions or sometimes on the weekends.

However as you pointed out as a growing up for me some kind smallish dessert was usually served at the end of each Dinner. Jello, cookies, one scoop of ice cream, etc....
If we ate at 5ish I probably would want a little something sweet or maybe a handful of salty nuts, but we usually eat about 6:30 and I am doing good to make it til 9 anymore. Tonight we want to watch the Dodgers, I don't think they start here until about 8 or so. Maybe, I will stay awake for the first 3 or 4 innings. I doubt it. Now, ask me my favorite before dinner snack: I think everyone probably knows, it is wine..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink