U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 02:50 PM

7,849 posts, read 10,147,526 times

Advertisements

Prices continuing to go up. For the poorer or even middle class, how affordable will groceries be in years to come? 5-10 years ago I don't remember even thinking about what food cost like now. We're just sensitized, like gas, to keep paying more and more. Uh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 03:34 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,951,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
... you did refer to cleanliness, I simply said food preparation is cleaner today, I doubt very seriously you can remember much of what food handling was probably like 40 to 50 or more years ago.
Oh, my, you've misunderstood... again. Cleanliness of food growth, is my point. Clean food is a common expression when discussing organic, whole foods... the absence of preservatives & poisons in food... cleanly grown food. Perhaps you've not come across the expression before? Clean preparation is the responsibility of the cook & not at all what I was referencing.

You've twice referenced my age. I'm glad I come across as a whippersnapper, thanks!

Quote:
Our own granddaughter, when she was very young had a terrible reaction to peanuts, and our son is allergic to many foods.
As per your rules & restrictions regarding this thread... we're not allowed to discuss allergies.

Quote:
So, I think you totally took my posting out of content, I am simply giving another side of the picture. Isn't this what City Date is about. I don't understand why you took offense to someone disagreeing with you. None of us can be expected to agree with each other all the time.
You seem quite upset, which is strange. If you carefully re-read, I understood what you've said & am not offended at all. Your comprehension is askew, but perhaps a cleaner diet will benefit. You're making a lot of assumptions about me & I'm confused as to why you're taking out your aggression on me, rather than the other 8 in this thread who've said the same? Odd. I merely pointed out that people are unnecessarily criticizing those who express a food concern (such as you did), the question posed in the thread! Those who are doing so are being disagreeable & lacking in compassion. You're twisting words & misunderstanding pretty much everything, but you can sort if out on your own.

Have a great weekend... maybe switch to a couple cups of decaf.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:24 PM

3,442 posts, read 4,470,936 times
I usually quit reading certain poster's posts when they start using phrases like......"poisons in food "

Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 PM

15,148 posts, read 15,204,207 times
The prolification of fru-fru yuppie/hipsterish foods that are trendy, organic and very much overpriced.

These fru-fru foods are starting to crowd-out and drive-up the prices of "normal foods. For example, Safeway used to be a really good, blue-collar type store. Now, wow, more and more fru-fru
cp which is effecting the price of their "normal" line of products.

NO, I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A ORGANIC POLENTA WRAP FOR 7 BUCKS! WTF is polenta anyways?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:45 AM

17,159 posts, read 22,167,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Oh, my, you've misunderstood... again. Cleanliness of food growth, is my point. Clean food is a common expression when discussing organic, whole foods... the absence of preservatives & poisons in food... cleanly grown food. Perhaps you've not come across the expression before? Clean preparation is the responsibility of the cook & not at all what I was referencing.

You've twice referenced my age. I'm glad I come across as a whippersnapper, thanks!

As per your rules & restrictions regarding this thread... we're not allowed to discuss allergies.

You seem quite upset, which is strange. If you carefully re-read, I understood what you've said & am not offended at all. Your comprehension is askew, but perhaps a cleaner diet will benefit. You're making a lot of assumptions about me & I'm confused as to why you're taking out your aggression on me, rather than the other 8 in this thread who've said the same? Odd. I merely pointed out that people are unnecessarily criticizing those who express a food concern (such as you did), the question posed in the thread! Those who are doing so are being disagreeable & lacking in compassion. You're twisting words & misunderstanding pretty much everything, but you can sort if out on your own.

Have a great weekend... maybe switch to a couple cups of decaf.

patan, all opinions are welcome,

but we havent all drank the kool-aid...

Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Prices continuing to go up. For the poorer or even middle class, how affordable will groceries be in years to come? 5-10 years ago I don't remember even thinking about what food cost like now. We're just sensitized, like gas, to keep paying more and more. Uh.
of course we all know, along with the increase in food prices salaries have increased as well, but your point is well taken. I can't believe how prices change from week to week, not to mention the downsizing in packaging. Not only are we paying more for food we are facing, trying to figure out just how much of what to use in recipes. An 8 oz can of tomato sauce is now 6 oz, tuna, 8 oz can, 4 oz and so on. Yes, the young families, just out of school are suffering as are seniors.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:37 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,951,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
patan, all opinions are welcome,

but we havent all drank the kool-aid...
Kool-Aid is sugary junk food. I don't recommend anyone drink it.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 PM

693 posts, read 746,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Kool-aid only has 0.01 g of sugar in 1/9th of a packet. Certainly not a sugary junk food.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:02 PM

22,151 posts, read 26,611,024 times
My biggest food worry is a chocolate shortage.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:28 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,457,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist
I love Kool Aid (Orange)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or