Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like KFC's coleslaw?
uggghhh no yuck 21 16.03%
not really 7 5.34%
its ok 30 22.90%
its a little better than ok 20 15.27%
yes love it 53 40.46%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 06:06 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times

Advertisements

I have been told I make a better Coleslaw than KFC but I think the lady that told me that had an ulterior motive.
I do love the KFC Colesaw and their baked beans. I then head over to Popeye's and grab a Spicy Chicken Breast plus a Diet Coke. Last stop is a large order of Cheesecake at Fazoli's. Here in Lincoln these three stores are all within a two minute drive of each other. Spread the wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 07:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Love KFC coleslaw. Not many others can compare. I like eating it with some pepper and putting it on some crackers.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:15 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Do any of them anywhere have good service? I have yet to find one.
Yet they're out there protesting for $15/hr.. Seriously.. I say give it to them.. Then maybe there'll be some competition for the jobs, so these people who can't manage to get anything right will then lose the $15/hr job to the guy who used to repair the equipment in the restaurant for $14/hr and is far more detail oriented.

KFC certainly has the most consistently good slaw.. Bojangles used to be good, but they just changed it.. They put pickles in it.. Blech..

Old 02-15-2016, 02:12 PM

497 posts, read 387,633 times
Don't care for it! Years ago they use to make a really good slaw, but not no more. When I did purchase it, it was so dry, and tasted so bland. Will never buy again!

I think I make a much better coleslaw, which the homemade dressing I make, tastes somewhat similar to HENRI'S TAS-TEE DRESSING, which you mix with shredded cabbage.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I used to LOVE it - I'd go by KFC just to buy a pint of slaw to have with our meal. These days it's just not as good as it used to be. We have a local Mom and Pop catfish restaurant that makes slaw just like the original KFC slaw - that's my slaw source now (thinkin' about a slaw dog).
Dirt Grinder, I never heard of a slaw dog, not until you mentioned it. I googled it, and it's coleslaw on a hot dog. DG, I'm curious and would like to know where you ate one of these, and did you put any other toppings on your slaw dog, besides the coleslaw. Also, did you like them?

Old 02-16-2016, 11:14 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DomesticGoddess View Post
Dirt Grinder, I never heard of a slaw dog, not until you mentioned it. I googled it, and it's coleslaw on a hot dog. DG, I'm curious and would like to know where you ate one of these, and did you put any other toppings on your slaw dog, besides the coleslaw. Also, did you like them?
You've never had a slaw dog? Where the heck are you from? Can't be from the South.

A slaw dog is GENERALLY.. A dog with Chili and topped with slaw. And.. It's pretty good. It's normally a high mayo content slaw as well. Something else slaw is incredibly good on is a BBQ sandwich.. And, since you're (i'm guessing) not from the South.. BBQ means pulled pork sandwich.

Here's the bizarre thing about the south.. Or, one of them. After all, we have pickled eggs and pickled pigs feet sitting on the counter at alot of stores.. A "Hot Dog" here generally means mustard, onions and chili. People like ketchup on them, but.. It's not coming with it. Relish and 'kraut are rarely even offered.

A "Chili Dog", however.. Quite often there's a component missing.. Mainly.. The dog. It's chili on a hot dog bun, no weiner. That one.. I don't get.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:36 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DomesticGoddess View Post
Dirt Grinder...I'm curious and would like to know where you ate one of these, and did you put any other toppings on your slaw dog, besides the coleslaw. Also, did you like them?
They're quite common around here, and I add mustard and onions to my slaw dogs. DO I LIKE THEM??? Oh hayull yeah!!!

Old 02-17-2016, 01:41 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
...A "Chili Dog", however.. Quite often there's a component missing.. Mainly.. The dog. It's chili on a hot dog bun, no weiner. That one.. I don't get.
Wait a minute...'round here a "Chili Bun" is a bun without "the dog." Take a gander at the menu from the oldest restaurant in this area...

Big Spring Café

Old 02-17-2016, 04:52 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I used to LOVE it - I'd go by KFC just to buy a pint of slaw to have with our meal. These days it's just not as good as it used to be. We have a local Mom and Pop catfish restaurant that makes slaw just like the original KFC slaw - that's my slaw source now (thinkin' about a slaw dog).
My mom still does that. Me. I used to love it as a kid but now dislike how sweet it is. Have not eaten KFC since 2009 when the chicken became pigeon sized. You know, more pieces per bucket.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
You've never had a slaw dog? Where the heck are you from? Can't be from the South.
Labonte, Nope! Never heard of or had a slaw dog. And by the way, I'm from Wisconsin.

Quote:
A slaw dog is GENERALLY.. A dog with Chili and topped with slaw.
I have had chili dogs, and love 'em! My mother never made chili dogs, so the first time I had one, was when I was 16, and ate one at either Burger King or Wendy's in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. I'm now 60, and still make them once in a while, but I'm the only one who eats them. The slaw dogs sound wonderful, and one of these days I'm going to make them.

Quote:
And.. It's pretty good. It's normally a high mayo content slaw as well. Something else slaw is incredibly good on is a BBQ sandwich.. And, since you're (i'm guessing) not from the South.. BBQ means pulled pork sandwich.
I love pulled pork sandwiches, which where I live is shredded pork meat, with additional bbq sauce in a hamburger bun, and no coleslaw. Our barbecue sandwiches, which we also call them sloppy joes, are made with cooked ground beef in a barbecue sauce.

Quote:
Here's the bizarre thing about the south.. Or, one of them. After all, we have pickled eggs and pickled pigs feet sitting on the counter at alot of stores.. A "Hot Dog" here generally means mustard, onions and chili. People like ketchup on them, but.. It's not coming with it. Relish and 'kraut are rarely even offered.
When it comes to hot dogs, I do not like catsup or ketchup on them. I prefer mine with yellow mustard, chopped onions and pickled relish, and some times even with sauerkraut, as I am of German descent, and love sauerkraut. Once in a while though, I will microwave a hot dog with a slice of processed cheese on top, and then top them with the mustard, relish and onions.

Quote:
A "Chili Dog", however.. Quite often there's a component missing.. Mainly.. The dog. It's chili on a hot dog bun, no weiner. That one.. I don't get.
A chili dog just isn't a chili dog without the hot dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink