U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 AM

218 posts, read 400,482 times

Advertisements

I like plain glazed or eclairs !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 11:39 AM

4,946 posts, read 4,336,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
OK - I have a question that relates:

I always want the apple fritters. But they are so huge! So, is it bad manners to use a knife and cut one in half or quarters, take a quarter, and leave the rest in the box? So long as no human hand has touched it?

I've always wanted to do this, but haven't yet because the donut etiquette was unclear to me.

So, I usually grab a donut hole or two if they are available, or a plain cake donut. (I love dunking the plain cake ones in my hot drink. )
I personally see no problem with doing that. I do it myself and make sure that my fingers do not come into contact with the food. I don't believe in wasting and if I know that I am not going to eat what I put on my plate then it doesn't make it to my plate.

My favorites are maple bars, bear claws and glazed old-fashioned.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:52 AM

13,019 posts, read 7,193,418 times
[quote=theatergypsy;31816504]I like a fresh Krispy Kreme glazed. It's a 20 minute drive to the nearest one, so I don't have them often.

Our local market has a yummy glazed apple fritter and I enjoy one of those from time to time.

In my limited experience, when I was working and a man brought a box of doughnuts to the office, they invariably had frosting with sprinkles. I know little kids like anything with sprinkles, (you say no? Try putting them on their mashed potatoes!) but I always thought they grew out of that phase.

Yep anything with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. The inner child dictates, I listen

Old 10-15-2013, 12:00 PM

21,134 posts, read 22,102,729 times
Glazed, cruellers, buttermilk are my favorites. If they were very fresh/warm nothing beats a plain cake donut but that's not usually what comes in a box....

I avoid the sprinkled ones and anything with maple.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:08 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,279,188 times
Hypnotic Donuts/Donuts and Biscuits/ Dallas and Denton TX

Haven't been here YET!!!!
But this menu screams vein hardening in the process!!!

Old 10-15-2013, 01:28 PM

10,542 posts, read 4,675,530 times
glazed, or lemon-center w/confectioner's sugar on top

Old 10-15-2013, 02:00 PM

86 posts, read 223,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
OK - I have a question that relates:

I always want the apple fritters. But they are so huge! So, is it bad manners to use a knife and cut one in half or quarters, take a quarter, and leave the rest in the box? So long as no human hand has touched it?

I've always wanted to do this, but haven't yet because the donut etiquette was unclear to me.

So, I usually grab a donut hole or two if they are available, or a plain cake donut. (I love dunking the plain cake ones in my hot drink. )
No no no.

Treat it like a group buy. You can't cut up half a cow, and leave the other half waiting for someone else.

Find someone who will agree to split it with you.

How is the next person supposed to know no one has touched it? Is there a certificate from the health department saying the doughnut is guaranteed to be sanitary?

Old 10-15-2013, 02:14 PM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
I'll usually go for the plainest piece of fried dough in the box or i'll take whatever is left over after everyone else has made their selection.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:15 PM

21,134 posts, read 22,102,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbert_2001 View Post
No no no.

Treat it like a group buy. You can't cut up half a cow, and leave the other half waiting for someone else.

Find someone who will agree to split it with you.

How is the next person supposed to know no one has touched it? Is there a certificate from the health department saying the doughnut is guaranteed to be sanitary?
While I tend to agree with your first points, I can't help but wonder where you are getting your donuts that apparently come with a certification from the health department guaranteeing they are sanitary prior to cutting?

Old 10-15-2013, 02:20 PM

16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Glazed
Cruller
chocolate glazed
Blueberry cake
Haven't had dunkin's donuts in a long time they give me Agada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink