U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 12:00 PM

28,765 posts, read 2,360,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexgrillSucks View Post
I am curious what kind of chocolate people like on this forum.

Me: Dark all the way. Specifically the ones with 70% - 85% cocoa content.

Dark all the way for me also. I lean towards the 85% to 90%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barden Bella View Post
My fav is dark chocolate, with red wine of course.
Mmm...that IS a good combination!!

Old 10-19-2013, 12:22 PM

9,867 posts, read 5,777,142 times
I'm a chocoholic (admittedly ). I've cut back on my consumption to smaller doses tho sometimes I can't help myself.

1) dark choc (most likely when it involves candy bars/raisinets/York Peppermint Patty, etc
2) milk choc (mostly ice cream, hot choc)

Not a fan of wh choc (anything)

Old 10-19-2013, 12:58 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,893,154 times
Dark chocolate milk!

Meaning? Lots-o-Hershey's syrup in it.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Dark chocolate milk!

Meaning? Lots-o-Hershey's syrup in it.
You bring up an interesting item for me. After years (since childhood) of using Hershey's syrup I went ahead and tried the dark chocolate version at my friend's house. I thought it was inferior to the Original Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and wondered how Hershey's could mess that up. Now I know to stick with the true version.

If I read your post correctly you use the original Hershey's and lots of it. Me too!

My dad always had a can of the stuff in the frig. I like the plastic bottle they came up with.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:23 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
You bring up an interesting item for me. After years (since childhood) of using Hershey's syrup I went ahead and tried the dark chocolate version at my friend's house. I thought it was inferior to the Original Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and wondered how Hershey's could mess that up. Now I know to stick with the true version.

If I read your post correctly you use the original Hershey's and lots of it. Me too!

My dad always had a can of the stuff in the frig. I like the plastic bottle they came up with.
Original like in the can...got to try the dark kind.

The stuff in the plastic bottle is the same - just easier to use and costs more because of the container.

I grew up on Quick in the 60s. We only had Hershey's around for special occasions.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:30 PM

16,935 posts, read 19,672,707 times
Dark chocolate for hubby and I. White chocolate is yucky to me. I will eat milk chocolate if I had to.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:34 PM

4,236 posts, read 3,029,286 times
Really rich milk chocolate is my favorite. Mild dark chocolate and white chocolate are okay.

I don't like bitter dark chocolate.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:41 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,711,277 times
I love dark chocolate in small quantites and will eat a small square a day during the week (they have a dark (70%) batch at work and I like to eat one square after lunch). Other than that, I don't eat chocolate unless it's given to me or acquired somehow. As others have mentioned I do also love the dark chocolate with sea salt - a boss gave me a box once as a gift, it was delicious!

Don't really care for milk chocolate as it's too sweet to me but I will bake cookies with milk chocolate chips for my family. I also never eat white chocolate except for when I bake white chocolate/macadamia cookies, another family favorite.

I do love the occasional box of See's candies, but always go for the dark chocolate pieces.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I love dark chocolate in small quantites and will eat a small square a day during the week (they have a dark (70%) batch at work and I like to eat one square after lunch). Other than that, I don't eat chocolate unless it's given to me or acquired somehow. As others have mentioned I do also love the dark chocolate with sea salt - a boss gave me a box once as a gift, it was delicious!

Don't really care for milk chocolate as it's too sweet to me but I will bake cookies with milk chocolate chips for my family. I also never eat white chocolate except for when I bake white chocolate/macadamia cookies, another family favorite.

I do love the occasional box of See's candies, but always go for the dark chocolate pieces.
Oh man, now I won't be able to get See's out of my head. Well, that's one of the great things about the internet - I can order some. So, so good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or