U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 11:13 AM

74 posts, read 107,800 times

Advertisements

I started to disassemble mine, but there's a plastic latch I'd have to break, and I like the Purple too much to break it. I got all the screws out, got the soldered wire plate off, but then I couldn't get to see the innerds. I really don't like using something I can't inspect, and the way they built this thing is really shrewd, because you have to basically take some risks before you can even see the latch thing that prevents you from prying off the base-plate.

So if anyone has a broken Keurig Mini and posted .JPEGS, the worst that could happen would be that the Keurig Police would come after you, right? Anyway, I would appreciate any links, because I've spent literally months searching and have come up with nothing. Keurig really knows how to control their product even online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 10,497 times
Wanting to break in too! The paper clip solution isn't working and I suspect I have a block in the tubing but can't get to it! Have you figured out how to dismantle the Keurig Mini yet? Mine is past warranty and I bought a new one but would like to try to fix the od one for a spare. Let me know!

Old 01-25-2014, 10:21 PM

2,637 posts, read 3,830,185 times
Why are you trying to disassemble? I have a Keurig mini and I clean it every few months by running white vinegar through it a few times. That cleans it really well for me.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:48 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,790,775 times
I had problems with mine about a month ago. It brewed about 1/2 cup coffee and quit. I turned it upside down and burped it, did the paperclip thing, etc. I finally took a toothbrush and brushed around the pointed piece that pierces the k-cup. After that it worked fine. I've read that the piercing mechanism can get clogged with a tinh piece of foil from the top of the k-cup.

Here's something I ran across while looking for solutions for mine:

Keurig B40 Dissasembly - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink