Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 10:01 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,077 times

Advertisements

I tried something differently with my surplus sweet corn this summer. I simply wrapped it, unhusked, in foil and tossed it in the deep freeze. Now I'm ready to try it! Any suggestions on how long I should leave it in the oven, and at what temperature? I've never made it fresh by putting it in the oven, so I'm kind of clueless on how to bake it now that I've frozen it! (Yes, I SHOULD have thought of that before I froze it!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 AM

126,272 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
I tried something differently with my surplus sweet corn this summer. I simply wrapped it, unhusked, in foil and tossed it in the deep freeze. Now I'm ready to try it! Any suggestions on how long I should leave it in the oven, and at what temperature? I've never made it fresh by putting it in the oven, so I'm kind of clueless on how to bake it now that I've frozen it! (Yes, I SHOULD have thought of that before I froze it!)
Remove the foil from the frozen corn and place it in the refrigerator covered for 30 minutes to an hour to partially thaw. Than put directly on the oven rack and roast for 30 minutes in 400 degree F.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:49 AM

Thanks...tried and true method?

Old 10-31-2013, 09:40 AM

Thank you Almrausch. The corn was FABULOUS! Almost like fresh. Much better than the other ways I tried to do it. I was going to leave the foil on, I'm glad you suggested not to. I didn't leave it out or in the fridge for a half hour, I didn't have the time! So it went in after sitting on the counter for maybe 10-15 minutes. I left it in the oven for almost an hour, and actually it could have stayed in longer. The outer leaves were starting to get brown, I was afraid it might catch on fire!! I will definitely be doing this with the rest of it.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 AM

126,272 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Thank you Almrausch. The corn was FABULOUS! Almost like fresh. Much better than the other ways I tried to do it. I was going to leave the foil on, I'm glad you suggested not to. I didn't leave it out or in the fridge for a half hour, I didn't have the time! So it went in after sitting on the counter for maybe 10-15 minutes. I left it in the oven for almost an hour, and actually it could have stayed in longer. The outer leaves were starting to get brown, I was afraid it might catch on fire!! I will definitely be doing this with the rest of it.
My DD suggested it to me ,I never would have thought of it. So the credit goes to her I was kinda hesitant with the leaves,but it turned out good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink