Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 02:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Neiman Marcus sold these years ago (15+)--they were in a cute take-out container from their epicure department. This is not really that new of a concept. They were actually pretty good! I preferred the dark chocolate.
Hey that's where I got my first taste of them! And they weren't completely covered, if I remember right. The dark (semi-sweet) was the kind I got and I absolutely loved them.

There's a place in a nearby town that drizzles chocolate over fresh-popped, lightly-salted popcorn. That's awesome as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 02:49 PM

219 posts, read 483,818 times
They won't be for me. I am not a salty + sweet person. I like both, but separately, not together.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:15 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
exactly what this country needs right now, as we rank the #1 country in the world for obesity and diabetes...and guess what the number one killer in the US is....thats right cardiovascular disease...no wonder our taxes continue to skyrocket and socialized healthcare is becoming mainstream
I hope no one from Mexico reads this. They will be furious that you're trying to take away their hard won title as the world's fattest nation. We've slipped to the number two slot. Hopefully, with the help of these chocolate covered treats and a lot of hard work and determination, we will once again be known as the world's heavyweight champion.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:33 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I don't think so. When Twinkies re entered the scene, I thought I would buy some for old times sake. I hadn't had one since I was a teenager and that was a loooooong time age ago. I used to love them. Well, either they have changed which I doubt, or I have which is more than likely the case, but I couldn't see why I ever craved them. Sigh, growing old stinks.

I would try Hostess cupcakes next but I am afraid of the disappointment. Lucky for me I never did like Ho-Hos or Ding-Dongs.
You are so right. Either they have changed a lot of things or our taste has changed!! or BOTH.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:21 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Bert Lahr must be rolling in his grave.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:28 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,545,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
And I thought I was the only one who dislikes the mint/chocolate combination.
I live mint, I love chocolate. I don't like them together.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:31 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Pringles has put out a couple of new sweet flavors, pecan and cinnamon. I bought them on a dare and shared them at work.
Surprisingly the pecan flavor (which just sounds disgusting) was an overwhelming success, but they are very sweet. The cinnamon didn't go over quite as well though, they didn't have much of a cinnamon flavor to them, although they did remind me a tiny bit of those cinnamon twist things taco bell has.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:51 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,974 times
Last year Pringles had pumpkin flavored pringles around Halloween/T'giving. NOt too bad but I prob. wouldnt buy them again.

Our local Target didnt get the Lays choc. potato chips, might try another Target in the area.

Have heard Lays came out w/ Maple flavored Moose potato chips - am thinking they may be available in Canada - have yet to see them here but I just heard about the flavor last wk so maybe eventually

Marshalls has chocolate bars (milk choc. bar on the outside) for about $1.99 - cant remember the brand now but the inside was crushed potato chips - they also have a version w/ crushed pretzels inside. Kind of a cute stocking stuffer, I thought

I guess you could think of it similar to a chocolate-covered peanut (or almonds, coconut etc), chocolate is pretty versatile (esp. around the holidays, lol).

Old 11-02-2013, 12:02 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,496,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The world's largest snack maker is widening its own market by mixing sweet with salty in its snacks -- and is rolling out chocolate-covered Lay's Wavy chips for the holidays.

Lay's to roll out chocolate-covered potato chip
When the bag gets warm what a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink