U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 06:12 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,088,437 times

Advertisements

We are gonna feel the cold tonight (well for Miami standards) and for the rest of the week so soup tonight.

So it is either my standard home made cream of mushroom soup or I might do chicken Caribbean soup with parsely dumplings.

Recipe here.

Caribbean Chicken Soup and Parsley Dumplings ‹

Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 AM

680 posts, read 655,654 times
Chicken and rice casserole

Old 01-22-2014, 06:31 AM

118,677 posts, read 13,636,894 times
Tonight we have Vegetable Casserole dish,lassi and for dessert Vanilla Pudding with Italian plum compote.

2 cups corn
3 large red,green,yellow or orange bell peppers all diced
2 diced tomatoes
4 diced garlic cloves
1 cup of spring onions
1 tbsp olive oil
salt /cayenne pepper to taste
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
1/4 cup finely cut curly parsley
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup green or black olives of your choice
4 chopped green chilies..as spicy as you like it
1/2 cup grated white cheese of your choice
4 large eggs
1/2 cup plain yogurt
red paprika to sprinkle on the top

In a frying pan with olive oil saute corn,peppers,tomatoes,garlic,spring onions and add salt,cumin and oregano.After almost 8 minutes on medium heat remove all.Now mix in parsley,black pepper,red cayenne,black or green olives and green chilies.The whole mixture put evenly in a buttered pan and pour beaten eggs together mixed with yogurt over it.Sprinkle evenly with the red paprika.Put in the preheated oven of 375 F and bake uncovered for 35 minutes.

*Enjoy!

Old 01-22-2014, 07:31 AM

118,677 posts, read 13,636,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Ahh left over rib eyes (if there are any in our house hold) so much that can be done from fajitas, lomo saltado Peruvian stir fry, carnita tacos. Can't rep you with out spreading some more around but great use of leftovers.
I love parsley dumplings,actually all dumplings will do ..grew up with them..

You asked for recipe of my dessert?

I had a Dr. Oetker Vanilla pudding package that I use tonight,but my Italian plum compote I made last fall and froze.
I usually buy several lbs of Italian plums,de-pit them,and now it is up to you how you like to cut them.Put all cut plum pieces in a pot,add cinnamon,cloves,vanilla sugar,sugar some lemon juice and peel and gently bring to a boil than reduce and slow cook for 20 minutes till thicker. I never measure the flavors..just taste it in between simmering ( we like it sour and tangy,others like it sweet..usually I put 1-2 tbsp sugar per lb of Italian plums.cinnamon 1 tsp and clove 1/4 tsp) I use a bit of added cornstarch to thicken at the end.
We serve plum compote with just a scoop of whipping creme,ice cream,Meringue,cookie,or yogurt.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:50 AM

27,445 posts, read 17,619,243 times
Chicken breasts are defrosted so I'm leaning towards a orange / chipotle sauce on a bed of wilted greens, side salad, and broccoli. I have defrosted leftover bread out so that might become a pumpkin bread pudding. Of course that was my intent LAST night..... and that turned into leftovers.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,088,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
I love parsley dumplings,actually all dumplings will do ..grew up with them..

You asked for recipe of my dessert?

I had a Dr. Oetker Vanilla pudding package that I use tonight,but my Italian plum compote I made last fall and froze.
I usually buy several lbs of Italian plums,de-pit them,and now it is up to you how you like to cut them.Put all cut plum pieces in a pot,add cinnamon,cloves,vanilla sugar,sugar some lemon juice and peel and gently bring to a boil than reduce and slow cook for 20 minutes till thicker. I never measure the flavors..just taste it in between simmering ( we like it sour and tangy,others like it sweet..usually I put 1-2 tbsp sugar per lb of Italian plums.cinnamon 1 tsp and clove 1/4 tsp) I use a bit of added cornstarch to thicken at the end.
We serve plum compote with just a scoop of whipping creme,ice cream,Meringue,cookie,or yogurt.
Thank you!!

Old 01-22-2014, 11:04 AM

312 posts, read 498,771 times
Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes. I'll have home made shortbread cookies as dessert.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:42 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,608,566 times
I'm gonna make a Halfassed Fake Lasagna tonight after i realized I don't have enough cottage cheese or ricotta cheese or lasagna noodles. I do have some plan yogurt which I am draining now and some cream cheese and a bit of cottage cheese which I will mix together for my cheese mixture (with egg and parsley). Rotini noodles with be the pasta, I'm defrosting a box of frozen spinach. I have about a half cup of browned ground round with onion, and a jar of Ragu. So I'll mix it all together and bake it and see what comes out.

I mean it can't be too bad since we like all those things individually so blended together it should be fine. Wish me luck.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:32 PM

16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
chicken legs and thighs for hubby baked in the oven, whole wheat pasta with broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, oil and toasted bread crumbs for both of us.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:33 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,517,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm going out to see The Wolf of Wall Street, so movie theatre popcorn. With butter.
The movie was excellent! I highly recommend it! How I miss the hedonistic debauchery of the 80s.
Good times.

Tonight will be Pacific white shrimp with an orange-ginger glaze and sticky rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink