Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
How many times a week do you eat potatoes? I'd say once a week. Usually just baked in the microwave. It's a quick and cheap, nutritious meal. How about you?
Hmm, maybe once a week? I've gone a week without having any and then sometimes I've had them (prepared different ways/same way) maybe twice a week. So, for me I can't pin it down to a specific total# each week.

Favorites:
Baked potato w/ little bit of butter and some sour creme
Sweet potato
Alexia's sweet potato fries
Potato fries
breakfast - hash browns or sauteed diced potatoes [red potatoes diced are nice too, lightly salted, sauteed in a light version of Olive Oil].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 08:59 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
About once every two weeks. Especially if it's meatloaf night.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 AM

993 posts, read 1,561,026 times
I eat a sweet potato every day.

White potatoes I'll have on occasion, usually when I'm visiting my parents. I really only meat when I'm back with my family, and it seems like white potatoes are a great side with most meaty dishes (burger/fries, steak/mashed potatoes, stew/roasted potatoes, bacon/hash browns, shepherd's pie, etc).

Old 01-14-2014, 10:03 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Growing up - every day. Married someone from the other side of the world and our diet became a compromise of the default carbohydrates. Now its potato once or twice a week, rice or pasta the rest. Pasta is a good eat. The rice not so much - meergh. Just functional eating.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
4 or 5 times a week. mashed potatoes go with a lot of dishes.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
We generally eat some type of potato once or twice a week. Depends on whether I bought a bag of potatoes or found some really good single potatoes. If a bag, then we eat them more often so they don't go bad. DH likes them roasted with garlic and olive oil and eats them like candy they are so good. I like gold potatoes for mashed. In the summer, we seem to eat more sweet potatoes.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
Rarely, maybe twice a month or less. I try to avoid them but will allow on special occasions/eating out.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,894 times
We eat lots of potatoes. I typically eat a half of a baked potato every day for lunch (I have dietary restrictions of the amount and content/type of the food I eat). Sometimes I fry them in olive oil for the Mr.

Sometimes I make mashed potatoes, sometimes twice baked (Yummy), sometimes just boil them and put butter and pepper and a tiny bit of salt, sometimes baked oven fries, sometimes I cut them up in a casserole or soup.

I seldom use frozen potatoes. I do sometimes use sweet potatoes but usually use red or russet potatoes (or yellow Yukon occasionally).

For today, the potatoes are in the vegetable soup, which is cooking right now.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:58 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Maybe a few times a month? l like them, but for me - even though I'm a fat lady - a baked potato is a full meal by itself, and even mashed they fill me up uncomforably. Potatos are just too filling for my stomach.

But I've moved to an area where the locally grown potatos are purple (high iron content in the soil, do you think that's why?) I bought a bag at the local store and have eaten them mashed - very flavorful and yummy!

I wish I liked sweet potatos, I know they're good for us, but they taste so nasty . . .

Old 01-14-2014, 02:38 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Maybe once a month when we have a craving for home made potato chips. Cooked in the oven over a large cast iron plate. They crisp up like the best store bought dark russets but without the oil.

Do not like french fries. Cannot stand anything deep fried.

We eat sweet potatos more frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink