Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 04:03 PM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

It's Heartland Table.
She had me at, "I buy my eggs at the beauty parlor"....and Wednesday is bologna day at the local diner.
Love it.

I'm watching her make Icelandic Pancakes, which are like crepes, filled with a cream made from Greek yogurt and whipped cream and berries.

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk, plus more as needed
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter, for coating the pan

Directions

In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cardamom and nutmeg and set aside. In another bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. In alternating turns, add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk to the eggs, whisking until combined; repeat with the remaining flour and milk. Mix in the cream and vanilla. Let the batter sit 30 minutes, refrigerated.

Preheat a crepe pan over medium-high heat. Rub with a stick of butter to lightly coat the pan--the butter should foam but not brown. Swirl up 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter into the pan, tilting the pan to thinly and evenly cover the entire surface. When the edges turn golden (after about 30 seconds), flip the pancake with an offset spatula or pie server, and brown the other side. Flip the pan upside down over a large plate, dropping the pancake onto the plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.

Serve immediately, or stack the pancakes with a layer of parchment between each. They can be wrapped tightly in plastic and frozen, or used within 2 days (stored wrapped at room temperature).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink