Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 03:15 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,057,736 times

Advertisements

Bolt House has a line that is yogurt based. I like their Caesar and they have an Avocado and cilantro one that is great on fish tacos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 03:21 PM

1,387 posts, read 1,071,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Cardini's Caesar dressing
I was a little disappointed in that seeing as the Cardini's invented the Caesar Salad. I really prefer Panera's Caesar dressing.

We have most of the Ken's types mentioned above, and they are good. Another great favorite is Maple Grove Farms Sweet and Sour dressing. First used it to top off nuked hamburgers (eaten without a bun), but now it goes into bunches of stuff. I really like it.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:23 PM

4,692 posts, read 3,470,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Wegman's Poppy Seed dressing is very good! I'd forgotten about it, because there is no Wegmann's in my part of Ohio.

Worcester has Wegman's now? Cool.
Well not Worcester but Northbough. It's about fifteen minutes from me. Oh how I love that grocery store!

Old 10-19-2017, 03:30 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Bolt House has a line that is yogurt based. I like their Caesar and they have an Avocado and cilantro one that is great on fish tacos.
That sounds very good. I haven't seen that brand in Ohio. Where do you get it?

Old 10-19-2017, 03:37 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
I don't buy dressing. I usually dress a salad this way, using just EVOO, vinegar, and salt, alla Marcella Hazan:

How to Dress a Salad "all'italiana" | Memorie di Angelina

Sometimes I use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of vinegar, or add shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano or little bits of gorgonzola at the end.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:43 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
Another vote for Ken's Lite Asian. Ginger with a lite soy taste. Not too sweet and great if you add ginger and garlic wontons from Fresh Gourmet to your salad.

It's good, isn't it?

Old 10-19-2017, 04:09 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I don't buy dressing. I usually dress a salad this way, using just EVOO, vinegar, and salt, alla Marcella Hazan:

How to Dress a Salad "all'italiana" | Memorie di Angelina

Sometimes I use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of vinegar, or add shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano or little bits of gorgonzola at the end.
I think that we might have been separated at birth.
Like you, I dress my salads with my choice of high-quality ingredients, rather than relying on the decidedly lower-quality ingredients in commercial bottled dressings.

When all is said and done, it is REALLY that difficult to dress one's salad with either Champagne Vinegar or lemon juice, EVOO, sea salt, freshly-ground pepper, and--possibly--some high-quality cheese?

Old 10-19-2017, 04:18 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...When all is said and done, [is it] REALLY that difficult to dress one's salad with either Champagne Vinegar or lemon juice, EVOO, sea salt, freshly-ground pepper, and--possibly--some high-quality cheese?...
Some of us just don't care for that combination, or we prefer an emulsified dressing.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:26 PM

4,692 posts, read 3,470,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I think that we might have been separated at birth.
Like you, I dress my salads with my choice of high-quality ingredients, rather than relying on the decidedly lower-quality ingredients in commercial bottled dressings.

When all is said and done, it is REALLY that difficult to dress one's salad with either Champagne Vinegar or lemon juice, EVOO, sea salt, freshly-ground pepper, and--possibly--some high-quality cheese?
Sigh.......that's cool that that is what you do. It's also cool that people like other ways. There is no wrong way. There is off topic though. The question was what ready made ones you like. It was not let's be holier then thou about homemade vs store bought.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:00 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I like Marie’s Blue Cheese. I like some Ken’s. I think it’s more nostalgia because I remember my parents going to Ken’s when I was little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink