Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 05:27 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,348,614 times

Advertisements

Now through March 3rd, bring same day Starbucks' receipt back to store after 2pm for a $1 baked treat. At participating stores... select menu:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/food?u...L-national-non

Not sure if it works if you buy a coffee at 2pm, then ask for a $1 treat... can't hurt to ask if you're a chocolate lover. Enjoy, sweet toothed Starbuckians...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 09:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Do I have to buy their coffee? I hate their coffee. How about a cup of tea?

Old 02-25-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Do I have to buy their coffee? I hate their coffee. How about a cup of tea?
Wel... I don't think they'd care if you've bought coffee, beans, a ceramic cup... you just need a receipt from earlier that day. That's why I was wondering if one could visit at 2pm, buy a coffee & still get a $1 treat, rather than visiting twice. Good luck.

I like their Tazo tea, too. Passion & Earl Grey taste great.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
It says "morning receipt" so I doubt that a 2 PM visit would count. But there's apathy behind every counter, so you might get lucky.

By the way, I looked at the calories and fat content in each of those three chocolate treats. Omigod.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,973,039 times
When they have done deals like this in the past, the receipt needed to be from the same day before 10am and for any beverage. They had a frappachino deal like this a few years back that I used to take advantage of. I haven't really tried their new bakery items (they just finished rolling them out in New England) but I definitely wasn't a fan of the old one and these only look like a modest improvement.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
It says "morning receipt" so I doubt that a 2 PM visit would count. But there's apathy behind every counter, so you might get lucky.

By the way, I looked at the calories and fat content in each of those three chocolate treats. Omigod.
I know, Dawn. Look at the calories for a grande Frapp... I would occasionally get them in the summer, but you could eat a couple of Big Macs for the same calories... & the prices aren't single-girl-one-job friendly for the most part. I'll stick with double espressos, made at home, but I do buy their beans.

Thanks, Beth. I'm not a sweet eater at all, but posted for those who may be. Since SB's bakery case is 3/4 empty any afternoon I've visited, someone is eating all those treats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink