Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:24 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The only one worth eating is Culver's Atlantic cod.
Culver's walleye sandwich is good too.

My brother, who made a fortune in the cod fishing business, warned me to NEVER eat a piece of fish that had a regular shape; you know, like a square, triangle etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 AM

709 posts, read 955,026 times
Had a Filet O Fish yesterday. Much better than last weeks. Maybe they sell more on Fridays during Lent which means fresher.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
I work on the waterfront in Seattle where there are several processing plants, that make fish sticks and the fish for most of the fast food places. They use mostly Alaskan Pollock. It's not a bad fish, but not as good as cod. It is cheaper and also more sustainable than Cod. I love a good fish sandwich but we have a fast food seafood place here called Ivars where they sell sandwiches with Salmon, Cod, or Halibut. Many of the local real restaurants will also have a good fish sandwich. I don't bother with the hamburger joint fish sandwiches. Just not the same as a true filet of good fish battered and fried. At home I use the frozen "Ultimate Fish Sticks" from Costco, made locally by Trident Seafoods. It's Pollock but hand cut from fillets, not chopped and formed. You can tell by the slight variations in size and shape of the sticks, no 2 match exactly.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,572,540 times
Had one from Culver's tonight and they are my personal favorite. I don't do McDonalds. When I was living in Ohio my favorite fish sandwich was at Frisch's Big Boy...yum....!!!

Old 03-23-2014, 12:36 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I like the Chick-fil-A fish sandwich, Wendy's, and McD's - but please don't put cheese on my fish sandwich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Agreed! x 1000 {shiver}
LOL, no. Fish and cheese just don't GO together. My friend used to always order something called a tuna melt--it was an open sandwich with melted cheese over hot tuna on toast. Gag city seeing that on a plate.

An old friend of my ex-husband's lived out in Wyoming for a time. He said there was a nearby river with waterfall and a pool at the bottom of the waterfall, and there were always carp in that pool and that there were people there catching the carp and filleting it and freezing it right there on the spot. He talked to them one day, and it turned out the fish was going to McDonald's. So, you might be eating giant goldfish, more or less.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,761,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, no. Fish and cheese just don't GO together. My friend used to always order something called a tuna melt--it was an open sandwich with melted cheese over hot tuna on toast. Gag city seeing that on a plate.
It is absolutely divine - you really should give it a try you may be pleasantly surprised. I typically start mine in the fry pan. A little butter, toast the bread on both sides and add the cheese (let it melt a bit), then add the tuna and the tomato last. Pop it under the broiler for a bit to warm the tomato and Yum!
Attached Thumbnails
fast food chain fish sandwiches-1.jpg  

Old 03-23-2014, 07:22 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Hubby used to love the Mc Fish from McDonald's and the fish filet from Arthur treachers. As for me no thanks.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:41 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Quote:

An old friend of my ex-husband's lived out in Wyoming for a time. He said there was a nearby river with waterfall and a pool at the bottom of the waterfall, and there were always carp in that pool and that there were people there catching the carp and filleting it and freezing it right there on the spot. He talked to them one day, and it turned out the fish was going to McDonald's. So, you might be eating giant goldfish, more or less.
They were pulling his leg, McDonalds serves Alaskan Pollock.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:51 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is just what I was going to say. I hate to admit it cause: 1-I am not a fast food fan and 2-Arby's is at the bottom of my list, but a couple of Sunday's ago, we were running errands all day and needed to wast a little time between 2 calls we had to make. Being a little hungry we pulled into Arby's. The had fish sandwiches 2 for $5 or $6. We decided to give it a try. Either I was really hungry or they were really good.
I am also not a fast food fan and I have rarely gone to Arby's. I tried the Arby's fish sandwich for a similar reason, as I was busy and was hungry. I was surprised that the sandwich looked like the picture--which is rarely the case. The filet was big and over the bun. It was lightly breaded and very good. I thought it was a good value at 2 for $4. I found an excuse to try it again and I was very pleased but it was now 2 for $5; still not a bad value.

Livecontent

Old 03-24-2014, 05:11 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:

Tuna melt....one of my husbands favorites and even though I don't usually care for warm/hot tuna, I even like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink