Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:25 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times

Advertisements

mmmmm now I really want some chicken and waffles....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 03:28 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroOne View Post
...Can't say I've ever seen people eat red meat with biscuits.
But I do love country ham on a biscuit .

Old 03-31-2014, 03:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Bread belongs with BBQ ribs slathered with sauce - you use the bread to sop-up all that good sauce .
Good ribs require no sauce because it detracts from the flavor of the BBQ.

Sauce on good ribs or brisket is like ketchup on a good steak.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:50 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Good ribs require no sauce because it detracts from the flavor of the BBQ.

Sauce on good ribs or brisket is like ketchup on a good steak.
LOL - that's an opinion. I've been BBQing for over twenty years and I like a good sauce on my ribs - so do most of my satisfied guests .

So, keeping on subject, give us your opinion on biscuits as that's what this thread is about - not your opinion on BBQ .

Old 03-31-2014, 04:56 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
Quote:
All your fast food fried chicken comes with biscuits?? KFC, Popeye's, Bojangles, you name it. Biscuits is always included with fried chicken.
Thanks for the info. I don't think that I have ever been to any of them, especially since chicken is one of my least favorite foods. We don't have any of them in our area but I think that a Popeye's is opening this summer in our area.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:07 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
Nairobi is apparently having a brain fart

if possible i'd eat chicken & biscuit all day long

red meat and biscuits? huh

seafood? i dont generally eat biscuits with shrimp or crawfish etc its corn on the cob and or hushpuppies

got me hungry

Old 03-31-2014, 06:37 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Chicken n biscuits are the bomb!! Now biscuits and red meat sounds weird to me. If I'm gonna have bread with a steak, I'd rather have dinner rolls. Can't say I've ever seen people eat red meat with biscuits.
You've never seen anyone eat a sausage biscuit?

Old 03-31-2014, 07:01 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Actually the vast majority of your BBQ pit masters will include sauce on their ribs. A good sauce will compliment the flavor of ribs. Not over power them. LIGHT sauce is the key. Ribs that are slathered in sauce are usually terrible. A light coating of a thin vinergery sauce is the way to go IMO. I do not at all enjoy the thick smokey sauces that are popular in certain parts of the country. But good BBQ is an opinion. And I have certainly had delicious ribs that were dry rubbed only. And in contrast, I had some ribs in Cincinnati that were swimming in sauce at the Montgomery Inn. I was like ewwwww when I seen them. But the sauce was so different then any thing I had tried before I actually liked them a lot. It was almost like eating candy coated ribs, but in a good way.
The whole anti-sauce attitude is part of the Texas barbecue culture (mostly Central Texas, since East Texans have no real qualms about barbecue with sauce). They have a religious belief that great barbecue doesn't "need" sauce and that putting any on there would ruin a potentially quality product. I'm a native Texan who disagrees completely, as I've enjoyed wet and dry ribs.

I don't eat brisket with sauce, though. Not because I think it's against the rules but simply because I don't think they go together well, whether the meat is good or not.

A lot of care and genius can go into a great sauce, so pairing with a well prepared meat can definitely be a tasty treat. But I digress...

Old 03-31-2014, 07:14 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,042 times
Don't hate FC and biscuits together, but I didn't grow up eating that in the deep south. We always had either mashed potatoes and gravy or fries, sometimes rice and gravy. Usually no bread was served. Not cornbread. That was reserved for vegetable heavy meals such as peas, cabbage, squash, etc. Didn't get FC with those meals; usually it was minute steaks (veal cutlets) or brisket or roast.

Biscuits were usually a morning thing, served with sausage gravy on top.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:22 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
What's to hate about fried chicken and biscuits?

Biscuits and gravy, now that's another story ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink