U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 AM

552 posts, read 663,115 times

Advertisements

if i need something fast, I use Colonel Seasons in different flavors since it doesn't add a lot of calories.

But when I'm able to, I use chili powder mixed with salt and pepper, then i sprinkle it on. Gives it a kick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 08:03 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,079,858 times
Probably not very healthy and sound weird.
I grounded Doritos (Nacho cheese flavor) into powder and sprinkled it on the top of my popcorn.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:26 AM

13,105 posts, read 17,646,574 times
my daughter likes the sprinkled parmesan cheese on top of her popcorn when she eats it which is not very often cause like me she is a skinny Minnie .

Old 04-02-2014, 09:01 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,320,370 times
Put the popcorn in a bag with Tabasco sauce and shake well.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:16 AM

2,898 posts, read 4,952,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Probably not very healthy and sound weird.
I grounded Doritos (Nacho cheese flavor) into powder and sprinkled it on the top of my popcorn.
Wow, I like how inventive others are. Actually, it sounds interesting & probably pretty good. I love those Christmas caramel popcorn balls (if they still make them these days?), but I'd imagine they'd be time consuming to make.

Most of the suggestions here sound great... the only popcorn I wouldn't want to try is the chocolate covered popcorn I once saw in a candy store. I've had a chocolate covered pretzel & those are 2 flavors I don't appreciate together.

And, for the passive aggressive sod who left me an anonymous rep for a post in this thread, saying I should 'take the label off a small yogurt, slap it onto something else & eat some real food'... what does yogurt have to do with popcorn, why are you concerned with my eating habits, why do you assume yogurt isn't real food & do you feel better having vented your anonymous, disagreeable reprimand in the form of a rep?

Doing so is against TOS & akin to a child ringing someone's bell & racing away. Take a healing breath, oh cowardly poster, pop some corn & switch from breakfast cocktails to a nice, relaxing tea. I'm going to eat some organic yogurt... the label shall remain intact on the container. Have a peaceful day & hands off the rep button, nutter.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:20 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,079,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Wow, I like how inventive others are. Actually, it sounds interesting & probably pretty good. I love those Christmas caramel popcorn balls (if they still make them these days?), but I'd imagine they'd be time consuming to make.

Most of the suggestions here sound great... the only popcorn I wouldn't want to try is the chocolate covered popcorn I once saw in a candy store. I've had a chocolate covered pretzel & those are 2 flavors I don't appreciate together.

Yeah you should try it! I have tried other chips, but Doritos Nacho Cheese is the best!
And I think I know what chocolate covered pop corn u are talking about. It left the popcorn soft and soggy inside. I am not a big fan of it either!

Old 04-02-2014, 10:46 AM

2,898 posts, read 4,952,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Yeah you should try it! I have tried other chips, but Doritos Nacho Cheese is the best!
How do you get it into powder form, AD... blender? Put into a bag & roll with a rolling pin? Coffee grinder? Okay, I'm kidding on the last. I'm just wondering how it sticks to the popcorn.

Quote:
And I think I know what chocolate covered pop corn u are talking about. It left the popcorn soft and soggy inside.
< Screech!!!! >

Old 04-02-2014, 10:50 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post

Meh, how often do you eat popcorn?
We pop a big bowl of popcorn almost every evening. It's our main snack.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:05 AM

4,748 posts, read 6,148,666 times
I eat popcorn for supper on Sunday nights pretty often. I prefer it just plain with a little salt, but I do eat extra-sharp Cheddar with it....just a tiny bite with each mouthful of popcorn. Mmmmm.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:14 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
We do popcorn suppers fairly often, also. Some fruit or veggies and a big bowl of popcorn is nice and light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink