U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:42 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,025,365 times

Advertisements

I have one occasionally but only a (small) can. Too sweet now. Usually drink unsweetened tea, water or beer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:56 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
With so many fast food places and non-soda drinks with corn syrup in them or shakes I see people waiting in line at drive thrus daily. Looking at people if it has indeed dropped; does not show. I see more and more cups on parking lots when I go to the city area.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:58 PM

11,411 posts, read 13,955,986 times
It's good news. Too many obese people here in America. I drink one or two sodas a YEAR.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:50 AM

3,148 posts, read 3,209,069 times
Coca Cola and Pepsi have become sort of expensive. I drink Sam's Cola (Walmart) and it costs me just around 25 cents for a 12 oz can.

Get the Sam's Choice Very Low Sodium Cola, 24pk at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:50 AM

1,013 posts, read 739,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Stopped drinking soda in 2012. Was a 5 -6 can a day soda drinker of diet Pepsi.
dont drink diet anything aspartame is worse than regular sugar.
you are better off with regular sugar than aspartame.

anyway I do not drink soda anymore either.
I drink OJ milk water and tea.

sorry no beer for me I don't like the taste much and I dont need to get high/get a buzz to be happy.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 AM

600 posts, read 529,765 times
i'm still addicted to diet Seagrms Gingerale!

used to be to diet Lime Pepsi before they discounted it...

Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 AM

4,748 posts, read 6,148,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
Skim milk is disgusting. Water has no taste.
It's funny, water sort of does actually have a "taste" when you get used to drinking it....I guess it's not really so much a "taste" as it is an "effect". But it's great once you get used to it. We discussed getting used to drinking water in some other thread about some person who was addicted to soda.

And skim milk used to gross me out too. But we just gradually made the switch, going from whole to 2% to 1% and finally to skim. Now anything else is too "creamy" for me and is sort of gross to me.

It's just what you're used to, I guess, that affects your perception of the taste of something. Of course, there are some things I don't think I could ever "get used to". Monkey brains eaten while the monkey is still screaming, for one.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:43 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,477,132 times
i stopped drinking soda in 2012.

-i hated the taste of coke. i only drank coke with rum. for some reason, the rum made the coke taste better

-mountain dew was my big problem. i would drink 3-4 cans a day

i drink water, oj, green tea and most importantly, beer(mostly in the summer). the last time i had any soda was about 8 ounces of root beer in the break room about 8 months ago. i dont even think about soda now and i feel much healthier/better in general.

people like what they like, but dont come crying to me when you're fat and in ****ty health while underwater because of medical bills from your diabetus/high blood pressure/brittle bones/liver damage/tooth decay/kidney stones/acid reflux/heart disease/gastrointestinal issues.

you like soda? fine, then only drink 2-3 a week max. moderation is key. don't be selfish by driving up the cost of healthcare from your issues when you "rely" on soda for your caffeine fix.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:51 AM

6,171 posts, read 4,950,686 times
When I was younger I drank soda by the gallon but nowadays I hardly touch it. I did try Pepsi's "throwback" (real sugar version of their sodas) and it was superior to the corn syrup crap in most soda. It's water, beer, or tea for me these days.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,366,973 times
For people who drink soda daily, your essentially cutting ten years off your life. And diet soda is even worse. Buy a juicer and start juicing greens and other veggies and watch your life change. In my humble opinion, people who drink large amounts of soda are on par with smokers.

Why do you think stores like Fresh Market, Whole Food, Trade Joes, etc are packed to brink seven days a week? People are sick of and catching on to the food monopolies in America and realizing they have been killing us slowly all along. I refuse to buy any mass produced food sold at the chain retails ever again. All of it from the produce to meats will kill ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or