U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 05:48 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,025,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
dont drink diet anything aspartame is worse than regular sugar.
you are better off with regular sugar than aspartame.

anyway I do not drink soda anymore either.
I drink OJ milk water and tea.

sorry no beer for me I don't like the taste much and I dont need to get high/get a buzz to be happy.
Was going to give you an Amen until the beer part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 10:41 AM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Why do you think stores like Fresh Market, Whole Food, Trade Joes, etc are packed to brink seven days a week? People are sick of and catching on to the food monopolies in America and realizing they have been killing us slowly all along. I refuse to buy any mass produced food sold at the chain retails ever again. All of it from the produce to meats will kill ya.
Those stores all sell "mass produced food" and are "chain retails" as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Was going to give you an Amen until the beer part.
Seriously.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:26 AM

4,748 posts, read 6,148,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
i only drank coke with rum. for some reason, the rum made the coke taste better

i drink water, oj, green tea and most importantly, beer(mostly in the summer).

people like what they like, but dont come crying to me when you're fat and in ****ty health while underwater because of medical bills from your diabetus/high blood pressure/brittle bones/liver damage/tooth decay/kidney stones/acid reflux/heart disease/gastrointestinal issues.
Isn't beer/liquor bad for your liver also?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 PM

2,079 posts, read 2,477,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Isn't beer/liquor bad for your liver also?
not if its in moderation.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:54 AM

30,408 posts, read 9,086,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
The problem is that bad choices on the level Americans make them will translate into huge public healthcare costs in the near future.
An example, then, of how gub-ment funding equals gub-ment control (as if we all didn't know this would happen under Obamacare). Not gonna happen; wouldn't be prudent. There are many things people eat/drink and many activities in which they indulge that can be said to be adding to healthcare costs.

Interesting how the gub-ment can't seem to get a handle (or doesn't want to) on what people buy with other people's money when it comes to public assistance, yet there are those who think they're entitled to concern themselves with what those of us who pay our own freight choose to eat or choose to do.

Get out of our lives and out of our kitchens.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:11 PM

13,710 posts, read 22,832,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Why do you think stores like Fresh Market, Whole Food, Trade Joes, etc are packed to brink seven days a week? People are sick of and catching on to the food monopolies in America and realizing they have been killing us slowly all along. I refuse to buy any mass produced food sold at the chain retails ever again. All of it from the produce to meats will kill ya.

Trader Joes is owned by one of the largest grocery conglomerates in the world - Aldi.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:13 PM

13,710 posts, read 22,832,449 times
Quote:
not if its in moderation.
In other words, it is OK for you to drink YOUR poison, but not for us to drink ours ...

Old 04-05-2014, 10:10 PM

11,258 posts, read 5,755,032 times
I can believe it, I stopped drinking soda almost completely since the start of college. There are better ways to use your money when in college

Old 04-06-2014, 09:04 AM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I can believe it, I stopped drinking soda almost completely since the start of college. There are better ways to use your money when in college
Yeah, like buying beer.

Quote:
i drink water, oj, green tea and most importantly, beer(mostly in the summer). the last time i had any soda was about 8 ounces of root beer in the break room about 8 months ago. i dont even think about soda now and i feel much healthier/better in general.

people like what they like, but dont come crying to me when you're fat and in ****ty health while underwater because of medical bills from your diabetus/high blood pressure/brittle bones/liver damage/tooth decay/kidney stones/acid reflux/heart disease/gastrointestinal issues.
LMAO, you don't think orange juice and beer can't contribute to those problems as well?

Old 04-06-2014, 12:17 PM

763 posts, read 1,070,715 times
Meh. I drank 2-3 cans of soda a day as a kid. Then stopped in my teens when I went on a health splurge. I'll have one every once in a while, but every time I drink some, massive headache and stomachache's kick in. Makes it easy to not like them anymore!

If I buy soda, I pretty much stick to Ginger Ale. A 2 Liter can last me a month. Once in a while, we'll get some Henry W's root beers; they're pretty tasty.

My husband has a die hard, 4-6 cans of mtn dew drinker a day for about 4 years. Then I stopped buying them for him b/c prices went up too high and I read about the horrible ingredient in mtn dew that no one should be ingesting (can't remember what it is). So i got him hooked on coffee instead. it worked. At least coffee is cheaper and doesn't kill anyone. haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or