U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 11:20 AM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times

Advertisements

Got my bonus free Starbucks codes yesterday good for 1 free drink of any type. Enter these promo codes when you refill your gold card. MCATALINH, MCATALINM, MCATALINL and MCATALINK.

The problem at some fast food places is the coffee is usually made by people who don't drink it or been trained on how to add sugar and milk properly. For McD or Wendys to be taken seriously they need to put out a milk/sugar station. I think they're afraid that once they do it people would go and drink free milk.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 11:21 AM

11,693 posts, read 16,437,401 times
Grounded coffee does not do it for me either:>)

Old 04-04-2014, 11:23 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I love Mc Donald's coffee. I almost always drink coffee at home, good old Folgers or sometimes the Alaskan Kaladi Bros., but when I get tired of it, I'll go to McDonalds. However, I wouldn't touch anything else they serve with a ten foot pole. Bleech! I also love Panera Bread coffee. It is consistently good and reasonably priced. Starbucks is crap, IMO. I only go there when nothing else is available.
See, I think Panera's coffee isn't the most flavorful. Nor is Starbucks, particularly the espresso-based speciality drinks (which I don't usually get anyway, since I don't like my coffee sweetened and flavored). Their brewed coffee can be okay, depending on the roast. But neither of those has great coffee, flavor-wise.

I do like Dunkin Donuts and Einstein Bros. coffee blends, but for the most bang for my buck, McDonald's all the way, if I'm on the road.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:33 AM

927 posts, read 1,325,955 times
I've had McDonalds coffee 5 times, and only on my first time did they ever get my order "just right". Every other time, it was either too milky or too much sugar, as others have said. So until they let you add in your own milk and sugar - I'll pass!

Dunkin Donuts does do promos. They send out coupons in the mail for free drinks as well as discounted ones too (and you can also pick up these flyers in-store). Also they now have a rewards card and you get a free coffee when you enroll and on your birthday, and you get a free coffee for every 200 points you rake in. It's actually a really great rewards program if you go there on the regular.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 PM

25,631 posts, read 29,103,055 times
Heard McDs is giving away a free small coffee right now between 7 and 10am.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,252,425 times
I get coffee at my job for Free-fifty......

I win!

=)

Old 04-04-2014, 01:01 PM

13,137 posts, read 7,387,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
I've had McDonalds coffee 5 times, and only on my first time did they ever get my order "just right". Every other time, it was either too milky or too much sugar, as others have said. So until they let you add in your own milk and sugar - I'll pass!

Dunkin Donuts does do promos. They send out coupons in the mail for free drinks as well as discounted ones too (and you can also pick up these flyers in-store). Also they now have a rewards card and you get a free coffee when you enroll and on your birthday, and you get a free coffee for every 200 points you rake in. It's actually a really great rewards program if you go there on the regular.
I don't ever let the server add sugar or milk for me. The ick factor is just too overwhelming. The McDonald's restaurants here started using those multiserving dispensers about two years ago with the creamer and sugar in it. When the server told me they didn't have the individual packets for me to put in the coffee myself, I refused the coffee. Since then, they started offering customers the option to use the packets again. I always get my own order right

Old 04-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Zot

468 posts, read 559,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

I personally don't think McD or Wendys can steal coffee biz from DD or Starbucks the reason is that, I've drank coffee many times at McD and Wendys, the biggest problem is consistency or the lack of.
Since they don't have a milk/sugar station McD and Wendys always gets it wrong for me. Either too little milk or too much sugar. The coffee sometimes either too water down or stale.
Quality may vary by store and shift. My local McDonald's and apparently most McDonald's in the U.S. serve decent coffee and are currently offering a small coffee for free.

To get a better deal, how much will Starbucks pay me to drink their stuff?

Old 04-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Zot

468 posts, read 559,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Heard McDs is giving away a free small coffee right now between 7 and 10am.
I'm on my 3rd free cup since the offer started. It's tough to beat free. Darn McDonald's always trying to get us to take their fine products served in swanky restaurants with free Wi-Fi.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:31 PM

5,487 posts, read 6,424,991 times
I've bee, drinking coffee for 40 years now (starting when I was learning to be a truck driver). I've drunk a LOT of coffee (at times from waking to going to sleep, nothing but coffee), some was pretty good and some pretty rank (worst ever- 3 days old and cold army coffee in a mess can with no sugar or milk)

I used to really like DD coffee but it seems that the quality has gone way downhill and the price just gets higher- not worth what they charge anymore.

Mickey D's coffee used to suck pretty badly but since they switched to Newman's Own, it's pretty good, and for my money it beats DD all to heck.

BK coffee is rank. I like their burgers better (when I'm in the mood for crap like that) than McD, but because Mickey's coffee is so much better I'll go there instead.

If I want a cappuchino, I'll go to Starbucks...but their regular coffee ain't that great and is overpriced to boot.

Now, as far as how they measure the sugar/cream- they all seem to do it different and I have to remember my preference for each one in order to have it be delivered correctly. I drink my coffee black with sugar, for a large Mickey D it's 7 sugars (assuming the jamoke making it doesn't try to hit the button too fast- try to rush and stab the button 7 times in a second and a half and it delivers far less sugar than desired). DD, on the other hand, uses a hella big spoon, so it's 3 sugars in the comparable size to a large McD), and so on. With BK, you keep tasting and adding sugar until it gets just slightly less rancid than sulphuric acid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or