U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 08:43 AM

11,824 posts, read 7,699,774 times

Advertisements

Just about every store and eatery is offering discounted coffee deals the past few months.

Mcdonalds - 99 cents any size coffee
Wendys - 99 cents any size coffee
Starbucks - all you can drink coffee for $35 in 01/14 promo.
DD - Seems like they didn't run any discount coffee promos
Wawa - $1.49 any size
7-11 - Promo in Jan, 4 free coffee if you buy a mug

I personally don't think McD or Wendys can steal coffee biz from DD or Starbucks the reason is that, I've drank coffee many times at McD and Wendys, the biggest problem is consistency or the lack of.
Since they don't have a milk/sugar station McD and Wendys always gets it wrong for me. Either too little milk or too much sugar. The coffee sometimes either too water down or stale.

Places like Wawa and 7-11, their coffees are too weak. I see them brew the coffee and they use grounded coffee that came from boxes under the brewers. Low quality stuff deserves the cheap price tag.

That leaves places like Starbucks, DD, Gloria Jean, Seattle Coffee as being still the better places to go for your consistent morning Joe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 08:49 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,444,169 times
That's weird about the big fire sale on coffee. A few weeks ago I read that the price of coffee, in the long-term, is on the rise due to global climate change (see link below). So enjoy the cheaper brew now, while you can.

How climate change will brew a bad-tasting, expensive cup of coffee | Environment | The Guardian

Old 04-04-2014, 09:51 AM

7,019 posts, read 10,324,024 times
Homemade electric peculator coffee is for us, Dunkin' Donuts!

Old 04-04-2014, 09:53 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,633,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Just about every store and eatery is offering discounted coffee deals the past few months.

Mcdonalds - 99 cents any size coffee
Wendys - 99 cents any size coffee
Starbucks - all you can drink coffee for $35 in 01/14 promo.
DD - Seems like they didn't run any discount coffee promos
Wawa - $1.49 any size
7-11 - Promo in Jan, 4 free coffee if you buy a mug

I personally don't think McD or Wendys can steal coffee biz from DD or Starbucks the reason is that, I've drank coffee many times at McD and Wendys, the biggest problem is consistency or the lack of.
Since they don't have a milk/sugar station McD and Wendys always gets it wrong for me. Either too little milk or too much sugar. The coffee sometimes either too water down or stale.

Places like Wawa and 7-11, their coffees are too weak. I see them brew the coffee and they use grounded coffee that came from boxes under the brewers. Low quality stuff deserves the cheap price tag.

That leaves places like Starbucks, DD, Gloria Jean, Seattle Coffee as being still the better places to go for your consistent morning Joe.

Exactly! McD quality of coffee is actually decent. The problem is the staff never get the drink order right, and as you say they have no cream/sugar station for customers. So its a waste of time.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:56 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
I find the quality of McDonald's coffee to be pretty high, in recent years.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:08 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,950,217 times
I love the coffee promos, lately....
Got the free McDonald's today, lol
Starbuck's is doing one???
I noticed DD never offers any specials....

Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 AM

30,330 posts, read 31,201,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I love the coffee promos, lately....
Got the free McDonald's today, lol
Starbuck's is doing one???
I noticed DD never offers any specials....
I believe that I read that McDonald's is offering free coffee because Taco Bell is getting into the breakfast business by selling waffle tacos.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:39 AM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
McDonald's makes great coffee. And since I drink it black, I don't care about the cream and sugar. You can't ask for it on the side and prepare it yourself? The McDonald's around here will do that.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:44 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
I don't sugar my coffee, and I don't have a big preference for cream, either a lot or a little is fine with me (so long as it's real cream or half & half; if it's creamer, don't bother...no slick, flat-tasting soy product for me). I'll also drink it black with no problem. So I never have an issue with drive-through coffee. And I'm glad they add the cream and/or sugar themselves at McDonald's, because I don't want to be juggling little cups of half and half and packets of sweetener in a vehicle, thanks. As a person who does a fair amount of my coffee-drinking on the road, the "We'll add the sugar and cream" practice was pretty much the best thing ever when it started, IMO.

I would think that if you're extremely particular about your add-ins, you'd be better off just making your own coffee, or patronizing coffee places where you can add your own.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:47 AM

13,151 posts, read 7,398,957 times
I love Mc Donald's coffee. I almost always drink coffee at home, good old Folgers or sometimes the Alaskan Kaladi Bros., but when I get tired of it, I'll go to McDonalds. However, I wouldn't touch anything else they serve with a ten foot pole. Bleech! I also love Panera Bread coffee. It is consistently good and reasonably priced. Starbucks is crap, IMO. I only go there when nothing else is available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or