U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:56 AM

33,202 posts, read 39,276,305 times

Advertisements

So whats on the menu?
I'm feeding 10 people so it will be Turkey with all the fixings
Turkey
Roast potatoes
mashed turnip
mashed sweet potato
Brussel sprouts with bacon
Stuffing
Gravy
cranberry sauce.
dessert will be
Treacle sponge pudding topped with ice cream
Drinks will be a variety of sodas and juices plus a variety of booze for the adults..
Being diabetic,on a diet,and not really into booze i'll just be doing most of the cooking rather than much of the consuming..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 04:42 AM

6,191 posts, read 14,778,033 times
I'm doing a pot luck with friends and our menu has been firmed up. So far:

Roast ham.
Bacon-wrapped cream-cheese jalapeno peppers.
Pea salad.
Bread and butter pudding.
Greens salad.
My contribution will be a platter of roasted vegetables - asparagus, sweet potato, onion, parsnip, carrots, broccoli.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:52 AM

1,275 posts, read 1,259,710 times
Ham with raspberry red wine jalapeño glaze, curried deviled eggs. German potato salad and crackling, jalapeño cheese cornbread.

For dessert we'll be having coconut/pineapple cake

Iced tea, coffee and fresh squeezed lemon aid. You may have noticed that I modified my original dinner.

May everybody have a safe and peaceful Easter filled with friends and family. .

Old 04-20-2014, 06:59 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,234,434 times
I'm making a ham and all the traditional trimmings. Has anybody here ever made a slow cooker ham? I always bake mine in the oven. I was looking at new recipes last night and saw one for the Crock-pot. I would love to try it and not have to play "tetris" with my oven racks.

Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 AM

14,955 posts, read 26,712,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
I'm making a ham and all the traditional trimmings. Has anybody here ever made a slow cooker ham? I always bake mine in the oven. I was looking at new recipes last night and saw one for the Crock-pot. I would love to try it and not have to play "tetris" with my oven racks.

Happy Easter and Happy Passover!
I have and am doing mine this way today! Happy Easter!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:41 AM

8,015 posts, read 6,786,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Roast lamb, moussaka, pastitsio, tarama, kefalograviera, Greek salad with feta, piroshki and blini with caviar and smoked salmon. The usual Easter feast at my sister's, which I will miss because I have to work.
Awesome meal. Mainly Greek with a little Russian thrown in. At least I will be getting Roast Leg of Lamb.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:43 AM

35,828 posts, read 39,555,909 times
We're doing a brunch potluck at my brother's house, and we're bringing biscuits and gravy. I think my mom is bringing a breakfast egg bake, my sister is bringing hashbrown casserole, my brother and sister-in-law are bringing coffee cake, and the brother and sister-in-law who are hosting are providing bagels, spreads, and a fruit tray.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:35 AM

605 posts, read 842,305 times
Having a Smithfield Ham with a pecan praline glaze, scalloped potatoes, roasted asparagus, pineapple casserole, spinach salad with apples, strawberries, curried pecans, goat cheese, red onion with maple vinagrette dressing (this is a family favorite) biscuits with honey butter. My sister in law is bring dessert so it will be a surprise. Now I am sorry I did not make deviled eggs!!

Old 04-20-2014, 11:26 AM

18,149 posts, read 17,281,367 times
OMG, It all sounds so good. I would love to be having roast leg of lamb except it's too expensive for us.

I'm just making a small roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. (Pudding is currently out of the cool porch "resting") and I'm making roasted carrots and potatoes to go with it. Pretty simple. Thicken the juices from the meat for gravy and done.

Family is far away so we're just having a friend over. I didn't even make a dessert.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:16 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,252,765 times
Dinner was delicious. Forgot to make the salad though, nevermind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink