U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:05 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,280,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
My scrambled eggs are always VERY runny with soft curds. I also make sure the yolks are always runny in my pasta carbonara. Heck, I'll even crack the eggs and drink them raw - no worries.

Just gotta know what you're doing.
I do that too lol. I looove eggs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,225,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Is it really so difficult to believe that the these very different products have such different nutrition values?
Not after you explained it so well. Thank you.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:00 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
How is a farm fresh egg different than one from the store? I know it's fresher, but nothing is done to eggs after it leaves the farm except to put them in containers by size, right? It's different for milk or meats, but eggs aren't usually "processed" are they?
No, they're not processed, you're right. Factory farms usually feed chickens the cheapest/junkiest feed they can, and because they usually can't move much they also end up eating feces and pecking at one another. My chickens get better food, forage for bugs, eat anything green they see, and get snacks of fresh fruit and vegetables. If you look at the yolk of a fresh egg out of a happy chicken, they are dark golden orange, while store-bought eggs have lighter yellow yolks. The white holds together very well and does not spread across a frying pan. This is because the albumen breaks down over time, along with the membrane around the egg, which might affect taste too.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
Sorry! I responded without reading the rest of the thread.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:45 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,826,056 times
I first beat the eggs up with a tinsty bit of milk and spices in a bowl using a wisk or a fork then put it the mixture in a sizzling pan. I dot with other toppings (half crerry tomatoes, crumble feta, red peppers, fresh basil or parsley). When it can be lifted with a long spatula but the top is still runny, I flip it over, let the other side cook for about 1 min then immediately transfer to plate, fold it in two. I can put a slice of cheese immediatly inside the folded omelet. It will melt from the heat and it will be delish.

Beating the eggs ahead of time incorporates air and it will make the omelet fluffier.

I like sunnyside up and soft boiled eggs which a eat by dipping in long, thin strips of buttered toast. Yummy.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:17 AM

4,424 posts, read 5,208,583 times
i have to have my eggs cooked. Now sure i can eat them sunny side up but the whites have to be completely done. Tried the 3 minute eggs once and threw them away as soon as i saw the uncooked runny inside. No thank you.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:27 AM

33,590 posts, read 51,807,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRiteMA98 View Post
I first beat the eggs up with a tinsty bit of milk and spices in a bowl using a wisk or a fork then put it the mixture in a sizzling pan.
Beating the eggs ahead of time incorporates air and it will make the omelet fluffier.
If you like fluffier scrambled eggs - add 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of water per egg.
If you prefer creamy eggs - add 1 tablespoon of milk for each egg.
I also experimented with Philadelphia cheese. The simple addition of Philadelphia Cream Cheese adds more flavor and creaminess to the eggs. (also more calories) Very tasty, but a tad too heavy for me.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:59 AM

4,424 posts, read 5,208,583 times
salt and pepper is all i add to my eggs. My grandma would add milk but i find that takes away from the taste. if its an omelet then its the same i just cook over medium heat until bottom is cooked then add chopped meat and a piece of cut up cheese, fold, cook for a cpl minutes, flip, cook a cpl more then serve. I will sometimes spread a tiny bit of butter on top of the omelet. Not sure if its because it makes it taste better or that i simply like butter. Could be both too i guess.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 AM

13,035 posts, read 7,203,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
My scrambled eggs are always VERY runny with soft curds. I also make sure the yolks are always runny in my pasta carbonara. Heck, I'll even crack the eggs and drink them raw - no worries.

Just gotta know what you're doing.

Just make sure you wash them thoroughly with soap and water before you consume them raw. You never know if who's been touching them has poo poo claws or not.

I'll take my scrambled eggs thoroughly cooked please.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:43 PM

39,366 posts, read 14,438,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Just make sure you wash them thoroughly with soap and water before you consume them raw. You never know if who's been touching them has poo poo claws or not.

I'll take my scrambled eggs thoroughly cooked please.
I prefer mine soft, but not runny. Overcooked scrambled eggs seem rubbery to me and also seem to lose some of their eggy flavor.

As elnina does, I add a little bit of water to my scrambled eggs for a fluffy result. Sometimes I add a bit of skim milk instead of water. Both work very well.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink