Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:11 AM

61,681 posts, read 87,077,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
One of life's little mysteries is who on earth was the first person to see an egg, covered with a shell and all, coming out of the butt end of a chicken and said, "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll bet that would taste yummy!"

An incredibly hungry person, I'm guessing.
I think someone probably just found eggs in the nest. Then got curious and tried - first raw, then cooked.
Later on discovered how to get a steady supply of this delicacy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 05:14 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
Like my eggs without any uncooked albumin.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:09 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,267,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Cooking eggs that way is the reason so many people do not think they like eggs. My husband didn't think he liked eggs when we got married. I made the mistake of saying I wanted eggs when I visited his mother once. Once was enough; I like my eggs fully cooked. He now likes my fully cooked eggs too. Raw eggs are actually dangerous.

I like the pan to be sizzling hot when I break the eggs and put them in the pan. Let them cook just a minute with only the yellow part broken then scramble all together, let fry a little more and stir again. I use medium high heat. If I like the end product, how can that be wrong? I like all my food done. I cook most foods longer than the instructions say to cook them. Most professional chefs don't get food done enough for my liking.
That is how I like mine too! Sizzling hot pan so the edges crisp up. Stir up the yellow and flip it over once. Of course all fried in bacon grease.

And I agree about undercooked food, especially chicken. I find most chicken you get at a restaurant to deli is semi raw. I roast my chicken until the skin crackles, but the inside is well cooked but melt in your mouth moist.

When I bake a cake I want the edges crisp.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:46 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
One of life's little mysteries is who on earth was the first person to see an egg, covered with a shell and all, coming out of the butt end of a chicken and said, "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll bet that would taste yummy!"

An incredibly hungry person, I'm guessing.
for eons, scavengers have been going after eggs, from bird eggs to crocodile eggs
so im sure early man saw this-

its been only in the last 100 years did we begin to question.... which came first

Old 04-13-2014, 07:42 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Scrambling some eggs for breakfast? Be warned: They're "one of the most overcooked dishes in America," food writer Michael Ruhlman tells NPR. "We kill our eggs with heat." What we should really be doing, he says, is cooking them "very slowly over very gentle heat." That way, "the curds form," and "the rest of the egg sort of warms but doesn't fully cook and becomes a sauce for the curds.

Think You Know How To Cook Eggs? Chances Are You're Doing It Wrong : The Salt : NPR
Yuck.....slimy eggs. No thanks. I'll continue to overcook them.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:29 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,950,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
carcinogens are unhealthy.
Ya think?

Old 04-13-2014, 09:20 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Scrambled, well-done. If there's no brown on any of the bits, and if ANY of it is soft or slippery, then it's not cooked enough).

Or, omelette, lightly browned on BOTH sides before the cheese gets folded in. Again - if there's no browning, and if ANY of it is soft or slippery, it's not cooked enough.

No poached, sunny-side anything, boiled (hard or soft). I can't even stand egg-drop soup and when I order my Shrimp with Lobster Sauce, I tell them "no egg."

The only time I'll want raw egg is in my cookie dough and my caesar dressing.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:34 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
This is how I've been making scrambled eggs, and I LOVE this method. No extra bowl to clean, and they come out so creamy without needing to add any liquid.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:40 AM

860 posts, read 2,055,924 times
If you add just a few small bits of cream cheese your scrambled eggs will stay wonderfully creamy.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:40 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
I don't like wet scrambled eggs, and I don't care if it's "wrong".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink