U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:54 PM

2,316 posts, read 1,904,417 times

Advertisements

Limeade and blackcurrant juice. Ribena is okay, but I like the really expensive juice from the kosher market. I water it down so I can afford it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 07:03 PM

17,993 posts, read 17,140,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Limeade and blackcurrant juice. Ribena is okay, but I like the really expensive juice from the kosher market. I water it down so I can afford it!
Ribena. Excellent with ice but it seems very sweet. Very good but maybe not too good for you--not in the amounts I drink anyway. I can polish off a bottle of Ribena in a day or two, even watered down.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 PM

12,448 posts, read 10,130,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Ribena. Excellent with ice but it seems very sweet. Very good but maybe not too good for you--not in the amounts I drink anyway. I can polish off a bottle of Ribena in a day or two, even watered down.
I love Ribena mixed with Perrier - that makes a wonderful rich soda.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 PM

22,706 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyasdf View Post
Nothing more refreshing in the middle of a hot summer than an ice cold glass fresh iced sweet tea.

Home made lemonade served in the shade of a tree. And the big jar of lemonade with slices of lemons in it sitting on the table under the tree really looks good and makes the lemonade taste even better. It reminds me of the olden days when all us grandkids being at my grandmother's house when we were young and she'd make home made lemonade. It was super sweet, too. Not one bit sour, or even tart. It was so good.

I recently discovered how good and refreshing sparkling water with lime can be on a hot summer day.

Sometimes there is nothing more refreshing than just a plain old glass of ice water served in a cold glass.

The types of glasses those drinks are served in makes in a big difference in how refreshing a drink is. I think cold drinks served in a clear glass are or bright colorful glasses are much more refreshing than served in colored glasses that you can't see the drink.

It's not a drink, but a big slice of cold watermelon is as good a way to beat the heat as any drink.
A cold slice of watermelon is almost a drink, isn't it?

When it's hot, I like water, water with a lot of lemon--I eat the lemon slices-- and weak-ish unsweetened iced teal with a lot of lemon. I think that there a theme here. Sometimes, when it's very hot outside, I'll drink white wine with a lot of ice and perhaps a slice of lemon. The citrus growers aren't going out of business on my watch.

I love, love and icy cold beer after working outside in the heat. Ahhh! I'm pretty thin, so I probably need the calories as much as the fluid.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:35 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Iced tea with lemon, no sweetener. Lots of ice.

On the over-21 end of things, summer = shandy. My favorite is a microbrew from a brewpub in Kansas City, and it's a ginger shandy. Since I'm away from KC this summer, I'll probably enjoy Leinenkugel's. Sam Adams makes a radler, but I don't like it as much.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:36 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,225,873 times
Iced Darjeeling tea with a little cardamom and sugar.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:49 PM

6,495 posts, read 2,237,845 times
Iced mocha with real fresh whipped cream (not the spray on).

Old 04-20-2014, 11:10 PM

513 posts, read 556,717 times
My grandmother used to make iced tea in the summer by letting it steep in a mason jar outside in the sun. Yum.

I also love making smoothies in the summer. Instead of a heavy breakfast just throw some pineapple, strawberries, etc in a blender with a sprinkle of sugar, ice, and cranberry juice for tartness. It's also an awesome way to sneak my three year old to have some fruit lol

Old 04-20-2014, 11:12 PM

513 posts, read 556,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
A cold slice of watermelon is almost a drink, isn't it?

When it's hot, I like water, water with a lot of lemon--I eat the lemon slices-- and weak-ish unsweetened iced teal with a lot of lemon. I think that there a theme here. Sometimes, when it's very hot outside, I'll drink white wine with a lot of ice and perhaps a slice of lemon. The citrus growers aren't going out of business on my watch.

I love, love and icy cold beer after working outside in the heat. Ahhh! I'm pretty thin, so I probably need the calories as much as the fluid.

I like Dunkin Donuts iced tea and always tell them tiny bit of sugar and extra extra lemons. You would think lemons were diamonds with how stingy they are. I love like six lemons but its like pulling teeth to get them to give that many up.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:21 AM

13,148 posts, read 7,393,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Tell me what you'd rather have when it minus thirty five?
Hot soup or a salad?
The weather has nothing to do with when I eat or drink something. I don't restrict myself like that. And I live in areas with extreme climates on both ends of the spectrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink