U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:15 PM

38,756 posts, read 37,929,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My parents literally live on McDonalds food. So sometimes my kids and I end up eating there with them. I always eat a McDouble...390 calories, 33 carbs, and 23 grams of protein. Their grilled chicken snack wrap is another decent choice, 270 calories, 25 carbs and 16 grams of protein. I'm eating between 1000 and 1200 calories a day, and either of those meals fits within my diet and doesn't cause me to go over my calories for the day. I have to make sure that I get enough protein in the meal to balance out the number of carbs, so the yogurt parfait doesn't work for me.

I haven't really looked at what options at other fast food restaurants would work for me, since I don't eat fast food unless I'm with my parents, and they only eat McDonalds. (I do feed them real food whenever they come over, to try to balance out all that McDonalds.)
Sounds like your trying to do the right thing. People think that it's all about the fat... it's not it's about the right blends of protein fat and carbs.

People that do low fat diets end up consuming way to many carbs and that wreaks havoc on the blood sugar and hunger spikes and the like. It's more about food combo's than eliminating any one thing from their diets.

I hear people talking about all that had for a meal for 3 or 4 pieces of fruit...... and they're thinking how healthy they are... LOL...... back off some of the fruit in one setting, add some cheese and or nuts to get some protein and fat and you'd better off.

The key with fast food is to limit how much you eat and also to not load up on too much breading and french fries as well.

A burger with some lettuce and tomato and maybe cheese is much better overall than eating just an order of fries or onion rings or the like.

Some places have half way decent salads too, again if you get creative you can do OK if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 02:25 PM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Most have outrageous levels of calories.
A fast-food salad will have "outrageous levels" of calories only when you use the entire packet of dressing than comes with it.

"Use your head and practice moderation" is a better answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswanlady View Post
one meal isn't going to do you in.
Amazing how people forget that, isn't it?

Quote:
Moderation is really the name of the game here.
And that, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
On the rare times that I do go to fast food places 3-4 times a year, I always get a kick when the obese person in front of me orders the big super sized fat burger and fries and a "diet coke" to wash it down.
So nice that you get a 'kick' at others' expense. Do you feel better about yourself now?

Old 04-30-2014, 02:27 PM

42,220 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Water.

Potatoes grown conventionally have ridiculous amounts of pesticides.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:20 PM

11,411 posts, read 13,961,436 times
I will usually have the salad, but skip the dressing, a water (no soda) and a grilled chicken sandwich (skip the mayo and dressing).

Old 04-30-2014, 05:07 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,362,322 times
I think some of the FF places now have grilled fish sandwiches. You could get one of those dry and toss the bun or toss half the bun. Also get a side salad but watch the dressing. Do some FF places also serve cups of fruit?

Old 04-30-2014, 05:17 PM

17,994 posts, read 17,150,498 times
Potatoes are not unhealthy. They are an actual vegetable with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Better to eat a real food than some fake made up concoction.

Potato Nutrition Facts | Calories In A Potato | Are Potatoes Healthy?

Old 04-30-2014, 05:27 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,133,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Water.

Pretty much how I feel. Perhaps Chipolte is not that bad. They are phasing out GMO corn.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:39 PM

2,456 posts, read 2,439,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
On the rare times that I do go to fast food places 3-4 times a year, I always get a kick when the obese person in front of me orders the big super sized fat burger and fries and a "diet coke" to wash it down.
Diet Coke is all about the taste, not the "diet" part.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:24 PM

11,411 posts, read 13,961,436 times
I love Mexican fast food (Chipotle) and will leave out the sour cream, etc. I will usually get a veggie burrito or a carnitas burrito and go light on the rice (about 1/4 of normal), leave out the sour cream for a lower carbohydrate meal.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:42 PM

56 posts, read 42,822 times
So my commentary is off topic, if I say none, means no food that you get from a fast food restaurant is healthy. Why you can not respect my opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or