U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 12:15 PM

912 posts, read 1,196,976 times

Advertisements

After a lot of experimenting, I've fallen in to a meal routine that works for me:

- I eat breakfast sitting at my desk in the mornings checking my email. It always consists of a large glass of unsweetened iced tea, and then either Greek yogurt w/almonds or a Clif bar, depending on if I remembered to grab my yogurt on the way out the door (or, as is the case right now, my fridge is broken so I can't store perishable food!). I prefer the yogurt, but the Clif bar does fine, just a bit sweeter than I prefer.

- Lunch is usually sitting at my desk as well, but I read the forums or do some other internet surfing -- no working if I can help it. Lunch is mostly a salad or dinner leftovers, but this week I am eating Amy's Kitchen frozen meals on account of the broken fridge.

- Dinner is always a sit-down meal with my husband, either at home or at a restaurant. It's important to us -- I'm not a fan of eating while zoning out in front of the TV. Dinner is almost always home cooked with tons of vegetables and salad with lean meat, but even if we just pick up Panera for dinner, we eat it at the table.

- I also keep 100 calorie packs of almonds in my desk drawer, along with a few packages of shelf-stable chickpea curry. Not the healthiest option, sure, but has saved me in a pinch before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 02:21 AM

303 posts, read 406,152 times
I work at home so I don't eat three sit-down meals. I sit down for dinner with my partner but I have several small snacks throughout the day. It might be a small bowl of soup, a sandwich, some pita and hummus, peanuts, fruit, or what have you. Dinner is the big event here since it's family time for us.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:33 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,611,393 times
The past few years I have been fairly good about eating properly. During winter I slack a bit and I am also not a stranger to pizza and ice cream. I have a specific meal plan worked out for the entire week, so I know exact amounts and can limit waste while making sure I get the proper intake of food. I have two other meal plans that are like this, but I generally use my "Phase II" plan because it is the easiest to prepare and tastes the best. On that point, I eventually got tired of cooking and went to canned tuna and chicken, but when I do cook meat, I cook all of it at the beginning of the week. Eating the same foods every week gets old after awhile, but it is functional and I can always buy other stuff in addition to the meal plan to keep things fresh, because let's face it, you really gotta be a trooper to make it through that cottage cheese.

Here is lunch and dinner for today:

It's is difficult to eat everything when at work because it is so busy sometimes. To really stay on track with the eating schedule, I have to wake up on time (not sleep in), otherwise, because you are eating whole foods, you are more full than you would be if you ate, say, three chocolate bars for breakfast at 300 calories a piece.

===========

Not shown, Breakfast:

Egg Whites
Olive Oil (7 grams)
1 Pear
Oatmeal
Yogurt
Strawberries

Old 05-07-2014, 02:45 PM

29,661 posts, read 32,101,496 times
No. Unless I go out for breakfast I usually just start my day with coffee/tea/water and when my stomach 'wakes up' I do a breakfast closer to noon. Usually toast or cereal and then small snacks all afternoon. Sometimes I'll eat something more substantial for lunch and will be good until dinner, which I eat around 7.

Honestly though, I don't have a routine and I just go with how I feel at the time. I haven't eaten at all today yet and it's nearly 1pm. I'm about to make a tuna sandwich. This is because I went out to dinner after 8pm last night and had a big meal I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink