Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 12:28 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,865,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
teenagers who turn up the condiment bottle and pour half of it out onto their food when a couple tablespoons is more than enough.
LOL - I can't get enough ketchup on fried potatoes or meatloaf, and don't get me started on corn dogs - a single "bottle" doesn't hold enough mustard for my needs. Let's talk about fried chicken wings - I need LOTS of blue cheese dressing for those. Wait, what about shrimp? I need LOTS of cocktail sauce for those tasty morsels.

I'm often responsible for the unmistakable sound of an empty condiment "bottle" - plplplplplpl... Count me as an irritant .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I've been seeing this every day at the school cafeteria where I work since the government mandated the new lunch guidelines. The students are told they "must" put a piece of fruit on their tray. So they take that apple, orange, banana, cellophane wrapped pineapple chunk, etc. and pitch it in the trash before they even take their seat. Ditto those yummy (being sarcastic here) legumes (beans) we are now required to serve. I've dumped enough of those down the garbage disposal to feed a third world country.
I heard just yesterday on a Milwaukee, WI radio station from a cafeteria worker there that they had to add another dumpster because of all the food the kids were throwing away.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:16 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
LOL - I can't get enough ketchup on fried potatoes or meatloaf, and don't get me started on corn dogs - a single "bottle" doesn't hold enough mustard for my needs. Let's talk about fried chicken wings - I need LOTS of blue cheese dressing for those. Wait, what about shrimp? I need LOTS of cocktail sauce for those tasty morsels.

I'm often responsible for the unmistakable sound of an empty condiment "bottle" - plplplplplpl... Count me as an irritant .
If you must use that much of a condiment on your food then that simply means that you dont like the food itself and that you prefer to eat the condiment and not the food. If someone serves you a slice of meatloaf and you put 8-10 ounces (literally) on it somethings wrong. Now i could maybe see a huge basket of fries or something thats made to serve 4 but doing something like making a sandwich and putting a quarter cup of mayo or mustard, having literally peanut butter at a 1" thickness, or sum such then thats too much. Especially when the family is on a strict budget. When something is supposed to last for the month that doesnt mean eat it all right away then go without for the next 27 days.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:13 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post

I use a lot more than the recommended servings of Heinz 57 and A-1 on my steaks. I like them that way. Some might say, "YOU'RE KILLING THE STEAK!!!11" but I say, "It's not your steak." HA! HA! HA!
"Pass the A-1, please."

Old 05-08-2014, 05:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
I HATE it when people shove huge pieces of food in their mouth. I was at a restaurant once and I swear I was just WAITING for the minute when the guy in the table next to me was going to require a Heimlich maneuver. He was eating HUGE, HUGE, HUGE pieces of steak, seriously like 3" x 3" each bite. It was nerve wracking.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:48 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW127 View Post
I can't stand diet trends. My biggest pet peeve is all of the people suddenly not eating gluten even though they aren't allergic to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktgNuQ61NHE

NSFW for some salty language

Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,139,756 times
Quote:
I can't stand diet trends. My biggest pet peeve is all of the people suddenly not eating gluten even though they aren't allergic to it.
Perhaps, but ... it's one of those things that you have to stop eating it to see if your overall health improves. I've known several people (not hypochondriacs) who claim its worked wonders.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:01 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Trendy allergies are annoying. Kind of like the peanut poisoning that was going on a few years ago. While I know that there are people who really do have these allergies and this is not meant to be anything against them, it does get annoying when these things become trends.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:53 PM

61,650 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Picky eaters and food wasters are #1 on my list.

Unfortunately there are many irritating things people do at the table - here are few most annoying:

- eating with open mouth,
- trying to chew too much food at once,
- fiddling with food and pushing it around the plate,
- slurping or burping,
- making a mess on the plate and the tablecloth,
- eating like a slob (staining their clothes),
- eating with fingers instead of utensils (except it's appropriate ethnic food), licking fingers,
- spitting food and talking with full mouth,
- holding utensils and handling food like a Neanderthal,
- eating from paper/plastic goods (except it's unavoidable),
- people that are not adventurous eaters,
- people raving about mediocre food, but refusing to learn any better,
- people who pour salt/ketchup or whatever all over their food, BEFORE tasting it first,
- people who insult what's on my plate, but having no idea about the food,

Man-oh-man, this list can get long!

- stirring drinks with a spoon, making a loud noise,
- commenting on other people food choices,
- people who start eating before everyone is served,
- people who read, stare at TV or play with the phone while eating,
- people who swish beverages through the teeth, or clean their teeth with the tongue, after eating,
- people who always leave a last bite of everything on the plate, because they think that eating it all is considered "bad manners"
- people who first cut everything on their plate to a bite size, like in kindergarten,

Oh, well... I am sure there are many more annoying habits I didn't list...

Old 05-08-2014, 11:10 PM

92 posts, read 225,618 times
Add me to the list of those irritated with people harping on their diets while I'm trying to enjoy a meal. It has taken the pleasure out of dining out.

We recent went to happy hour with a couple who are very into healthy eating and constant workouts, but will splurge on occasion. We ordered some shoestring fries that were great, thin and crispy, just the way I like them. They scarfed them down so fast that I barely got any so I wanted to order another portion and they told the server "NO", because they didn't want to be tempted to eat anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink