U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 12:36 AM

339 posts, read 292,342 times

Advertisements

Grown adult men who ALWAYS need and use a straw. It's a cup, pick it up and drink it. You aren't two anymore grandpa.

Loud chompers that chew so hard it sounds like they are breaking their teeth.

People who scratch on the plate with forks and knives....sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard and sends shivers down your spine.

Poor people who eat mac & cheese, PBJ sammies and soup etc...at home.....then complain about their HIGH END meal in a restaurant. Oh, you are a fine consumer of fine dining now. Sheesh, it's most likely the best you had in months. No you aren't getting it free, shut up and eat it!

I have a few more, but I can't recall them right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
well, I know I eat too fast - years of military indoctrination! So I am making an effort to sloooooowwww down.
Same with hourly blue collar employees who get 30 minutes lunch including travel time both ways. You learn to get it down, and get it down fast.

I'm not amused to be finished for 20 minutes and ate three times as much while still waiting while they piddle with their (small portion) food. Some people will make you even wait up to 45 minutes on them.

Come on, I want to get out of here before the week is over...I'm in a hurry!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:31 AM

486 posts, read 557,521 times
I'm not quite sure why any of the people here would ever want to go out to dinner with another person. I have a couple of quirks that bug me too, but wow! I can hardly believe it bothers someone enough to write it here whether or not grown man drinks something through a straw. My dentist actually encourages that so that sweetened drinks don't wash over the teeth like they would if you drank straight from a glass.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 PM

4,970 posts, read 4,237,105 times
Some people have far too little of a life that such unimportant things bother them that much.

I mean there's rudeness at the table and that's one thing, but most of these things people object to are all unimportant benign behaviours that any normal person would not be bothered about in the slightest.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
I'm not quite sure why any of the people here would ever want to go out to dinner with another person. I have a couple of quirks that bug me too, but wow! I can hardly believe it bothers someone enough to write it here whether or not grown man drinks something through a straw. My dentist actually encourages that so that sweetened drinks don't wash over the teeth like they would if you drank straight from a glass.
"Open" glass (not McDs or others with a lid from the drive thru) sitting on the table. No hands (hand on thighs or under the table) as he leans forward to hit that straw like a crack pipe. He even sticks out his tongue as he "swallers" it down. Looking around with big eyes and proud of what he has just done.

He looks like a fruitcake to me.......

Men pick that sucker up and take a pull!!

Old 05-09-2014, 06:38 PM

Straws in a can of pop or beer bottles as well.

Get a grip.....MAN!! LOL

Old 05-09-2014, 08:10 PM

4,970 posts, read 4,237,105 times
I love using straws. It reminds me of another of my favorite activities.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:59 AM

13,594 posts, read 29,594,490 times
I hate it when people hold their utensils like this! What is up with that?

Old 05-10-2014, 10:22 AM

17,233 posts, read 22,278,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I hate it when people hold their utensils like this! What is up with that?
thats called the fork-shovel approach for serious eaters

Old 05-10-2014, 10:33 AM

17,233 posts, read 22,278,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Some people have far too little of a life that such unimportant things bother them that much.

I mean there's rudeness at the table and that's one thing, but most of these things people object to are all unimportant benign behaviours that any normal person would not be bothered about in the slightest.
this should be true,,,,and may be if witnessed once,,
but

I go to many business lunches

ive noticed,,, and its actually quite comical, a young business exec, we will go out to lunch, she is all professional,, and easy on the eyes,, hair done well, great teeth, make up, clothes,,
and then the food comes... and she sounds like a hungry basset hound over a bowl of beef stew.

i thought she was going to lick the plate at one point.

I just dont get it...... well, im sure no one along the way had the nerve to critique her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or