Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 12:46 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
"do you know where this meat came from"

As long as it came from the stove, I'm good. And as long as someone else is offering it to you for free, you ought to stop looking a gift horse (or pig, cow, chicken, etc.) in the mouth.

It's not really annoying--just "peculiar"--but this woman I work with has to smell anything before she eats it. She gets this skeptical look on her face as if it's some foreign substance. I'd understand if it was some strange dish she'd never tried, but she does it even for granola bars, doughnuts, even food she cooked and brings to work for lunch. She doesn't even know she's doing it. She's the only person I've seen doing that so consistently. I also dated a guy in college who was obsessive about the food on his plate always staying separated--that is, no food could run over into another as it sat on the plate. My reaction ("But it's all going to get blended together eventually") made perfect sense to him, but he still wanted everything to have its own place. He would of course take forkfuls of one food or the other in separate bites. I'll bet he loved those compartmentalized plates they use in school cafeterias.
we had a food-sniffer at the office once, very feline - ish, her name was cathy, we called her cat,
she would approach her food like a cat, very peculiar to say the least, she was a food nazi, would always critique someone elses cooking, never a compliment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 07:46 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
"do you know where this meat came from"

As long as it came from the stove, I'm good. And as long as someone else is offering it to you for free, you ought to stop looking a gift horse (or pig, cow, chicken, etc.) in the mouth.

I also dated a guy in college who was obsessive about the food on his plate always staying separated--that is, no food could run over into another as it sat on the plate. My reaction ("But it's all going to get blended together eventually") made perfect sense to him, but he still wanted everything to have its own place. He would of course take forkfuls of one food or the other in separate bites. I'll bet he loved those compartmentalized plates they use in school cafeterias.
Howard Hughes was known to do this.
It's a common trait with those dealing with OCD.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,739,463 times
The worst eating behavior of all is WASTE! There are people in my town (and yours) who could live on what we throw out.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:05 AM

726 posts, read 1,366,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
The worst eating behavior of all is WASTE! There are people in my town (and yours) who could live on what we throw out.
I agree. It's one of the reasons I make a lot of soup! Beside, I love soup

Old 02-07-2016, 09:20 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,391,485 times
What eating behavior's irritate me the most? I'd say eating certain foods with your hands rather than with your fork or spoon. I also might get irritated if someone didn't finish their food.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 02-07-2016 at 09:30 PM..

Old 02-07-2016, 11:13 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,866,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
What eating behavior's irritate me the most? I'd say eating certain foods with your hands rather than with your fork or spoon...
Which "certain" foods? There are quite a few foods I eat with my hands.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:21 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Guests who accepted an invitation and go on a diet that evening.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
My father-in-law invariably ladles a massive amount of salt all over the food I just cooked, without even tasting it. I suspect he has ruined his taste buds and can only taste salt.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:38 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,800 times
There is one behavior that I sense is somewhat rare, but it has driven me to a breaking point.

And I am confident in saying that I think the foundation of it is based on a degree of severe mental illness:

When somebody orders something with French fries and the restaurant (usually a bar) has ketchup inside of a plastic squeeze bottle with a small opening at the top that the ketchup can be squeezed out of. . . . . . .

And the person literally applies a line of ketchup on each single French fry before eating it. One fry, after fry, each one getting a line of ketchup on top of it. Over and over, and over. Like seriously, how freaking mentally ill does somebody need to be to do that. They need to be hospitalized and medicated.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:43 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
There is one behavior that I sense is somewhat rare, but it has driven me to a breaking point.

And I am confident in saying that I think the foundation of it is based on a degree of severe mental illness:

When somebody orders something with French fries and the restaurant (usually a bar) has ketchup inside of a plastic squeeze bottle with a small opening at the top that the ketchup can be squeezed out of. . . . . . .

And the person literally applies a line of ketchup on each single French fry before eating it. One fry, after fry, each one getting a line of ketchup on top of it. Over and over, and over. Like seriously, how freaking mentally ill does somebody need to be to do that. They need to be hospitalized and medicated.
My son has done this in the past and he was definitely not mentally ill, or require hospitalization or medication. He was like 3 and had just been given the OK to use the ketchup bottle himself without parental help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink