U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 05:29 PM

17,158 posts, read 22,161,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The most annoying thing about that to me would be that it falls to the womanfolk to cut the corn off the cob FOR him. You aren't three, cut your own damned food.
if she was considerate ,,,he wouldn't have had to ask (running ------->
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 11:11 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
And I can't stand it.
As my grandpa would say, maybe you need your tongue scraped. Deep-dish rocks.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
The most annoying thing about that to me would be that it falls to the womanfolk to cut the corn off the cob FOR him. You aren't three, cut your own damned food.
I know, but I pick my battles. If I don't cut his corn, his wife will. I'm not fighting over corn at my table.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:26 AM

9,854 posts, read 5,775,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
the food-sucker!! I have witnessed this! this lady at work use to do this....
she would put a grape in a spoon,,,hold it close to her mouth and suck it in...
it was the oddest thing,,,,she did this with many foods....
the high frequency suction sound was a bit annoying after a while

A grape? Sucking it in? That actually sounds dangerous. What if you only were able to suck it in so far but then it got stuck? Next thing they're going to need is the Heimlich Maneuver. I've heard/seen people throwing them up in the air and catching in their mouth, like some do with popcorn. Ugh, ugh. Not me.
Maybe when I was much younger but nowadays I'm fairly sure that I would not attempt or rather, tempt my fate.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Don't any of those kitchen stores sell a cylindrical type of kernel stripper? You put the cylindrical kernel cutter over the corn cob, push down and all the kernels are supposed to be now on your plate, instead of the corn cob? Not sure what they call them, but what guy couldn't resist using one of those? Unless he has issues like RA or something, I can't see him sitting back to have someone else do it.

Ebay and Amazon sell something like that. Amazon lists it - DGI Mart, sells for about close to 5 dollars.

Last edited by cat1116; 02-11-2016 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Corn cob cutter

Old 02-11-2016, 11:36 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Life without ribs?!?! LIFE WITHOUT RIBS?!?! My ribs are pork candy on a stick, and I don't mean because they are cloyingly sweet. I've seen people high-five each other after tasting my BBQ ribs. Of course, you do end-up with a "sauce grin" and saucy hands if you slather them with my sauce.
No ribs? Blasphemy!! This cannot be true.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
if she was considerate ,,,he wouldn't have had to ask (running ------->
Ha,ha. You better run, and I hope you can run faster than you ever thought possible

Old 02-11-2016, 03:45 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,741,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
It really skeeves me out when people make those "foodgasm" faces and noises. I get it that eating a good meal is enjoyable, but all of that "mmmm" and eye-rolling and stuff makes me want to tell them to get a room.

Also, when people make rude comments about what someone else is eating. "OMG, that's gross! It looks like barf!" Fine, so don't eat it, then.

About people taking food off of my plate without asking, I had a conversation with someone yesterday in which I said that I'd smack the crap out of someone that did that to me.

The foodgasm thing!. I had an acquaintance who was significantly overweight - perhaps morbidly obese. Wen in a restaurant, the conversation was fine, until the food came, at which time it became a strange and creepy experience. She had a glazed expression on her face, and fondled the food gently with her fork, holding it up and gazing at it - as though she had never seen anything so beautiful.

Once it was in her mouth, there were the orgasmic moans, groaning, closing her eyes.

I agree! I felt like the third wheel - like some kind of voyeur. It was disgusting and bizarre.

"Getting a room" with her chicken quesadillas, was definitely in order.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Don't any of those kitchen stores sell a cylindrical type of kernel stripper? You put the cylindrical kernel cutter over the corn cob, push down and all the kernels are supposed to be now on your plate, instead of the corn cob? Not sure what they call them, but what guy couldn't resist using one of those? Unless he has issues like RA or something, I can't see him sitting back to have someone else do it.
Oh, he definitely would sit back. He has had women waiting on him all his life and would be genuinely baffled why someone is messing with his routine now, when he's in his 70s. The easiest thing is just not make corn on the cob, because I know he doesn't eat it.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:20 PM

251 posts, read 110,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarado View Post
I know it should not matter, but I can't help but feel miffed if someone accepts an invitation to dine out, let's say for pizza, and they only eat the cheese because they are dietting!@! or they order hot wings and leave most of the meat on the bone!
Duh, why did they accept the invitation if they were going to ditch half the food?

Or they constantly demand what I feel is excessive service (this is too cold, this is not cooked enough, this tastes burnt, I need more ice, there's too much ice, can you substitute potatoes anna for the fries, can I have extra hollandaise sauce ...in a cup.. on the side.. reheated.. to go, ad nauseum ad infinitum).

I am not a pushover but there are limits!

AREN'T there?
I was at Texas Roadhouse a few weeks ago using my Christmas gift card from my work . I saw this late teens, early twenties guy waste half his rib eye and only ate one rattlesnake bite out of the tray before tossing it.

I couldn't believe it.... His mama never taught him not to waste expensive food I guess.

The redneck in me wanted to go over after he left and help myself before the waitress cleared and cleaned the table. I so wanted to do it...but I didn't because the bartender was this hot chick and I didn't want to embarrass my old ass doing so....

They were lucky....LOL

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or