U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 09:44 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,728,696 times

Advertisements

It really skeeves me out when people make those "foodgasm" faces and noises. I get it that eating a good meal is enjoyable, but all of that "mmmm" and eye-rolling and stuff makes me want to tell them to get a room.

Also, when people make rude comments about what someone else is eating. "OMG, that's gross! It looks like barf!" Fine, so don't eat it, then.

About people taking food off of my plate without asking, I had a conversation with someone yesterday in which I said that I'd smack the crap out of someone that did that to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 01:19 AM

912 posts, read 1,363,146 times
My personal favorite is when eating at a restaurant, your dining companion takes 3 phone calls which last over 5 minutes each. That, or spends the entire time texting/surfing the internet and never looks at you once. Talk about rude, and I see it happen not just to me.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:29 AM

33,196 posts, read 39,232,808 times
Going to a restaurant with some one who is continually on their cellphone to the point you start wondering whats the point of my even being there.I dont usually give em a hard time as i realize they are suffering from a major techno addiction where they dont even realize anymore the concepts of rude and discourteous.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:41 AM

912 posts, read 1,363,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Going to a restaurant with some one who is continually on their cellphone to the point you start wondering whats the point of my even being there.I dont usually give em a hard time as i realize they are suffering from a major techno addiction where they dont even realize anymore the concepts of rude and discourteous.
I don't give them a hard time either, but I do try to limit my eating out experiences with them!

Old 05-03-2014, 02:19 AM

17,208 posts, read 22,247,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backintheville2 View Post
My personal favorite is when eating at a restaurant, your dining companion takes 3 phone calls which last over 5 minutes each. That, or spends the entire time texting/surfing the internet and never looks at you once. Talk about rude, and I see it happen not just to me.
then complains the food is cold

Old 05-03-2014, 09:55 AM

994 posts, read 1,203,037 times
I have to agree with the lot of you: lip smacking, talking with mouth full, complaining too much to servers. And I'll add licking one's fingers. I don't know why, but seeing that has always made me want to hurl.

One habit I have that perturbs some people is taking apart and cutting up burgers. I'll take off the top bun, take off the toppings, cut up the toppings and eat them, cut up the burger on the bottom bun and eat that, and then maybe go back to the top bun. It irritates the hell out of my best friend for some reason, and she'll accuse me of "decimating the plate."

Old 05-03-2014, 12:46 PM

5,561 posts, read 4,419,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My mom is one of those complainers. She eats at McDonalds twice a day and always sends back either her burger or her coffee because she decides something's wrong with it. She says the coffee at the McDonalds by my house tastes totally different than the one by her house...I'm sure that's because no one has spit in it because she doesn't go to the one over here often enough to totally irritate them.

As far as someone only eating the cheese, or not eating much of the meat off the chicken bone, that's probably more that they're willing to go to a restaurant they don't usually go to or eat something they don't usually eat, just to have the pleasure of your company during the meal. So take it as a compliment, don't be offended by it. And next time let them pick the restaurant. Most people who are dieting will have one or two places they know they can eat at.
I do this - go to places with family that I am not really thrilled about - but it's more about the company than the food. I enjoy the conversation.

But then when they refuse to leave a decent tip, all bets are off and I vow never to go with them again, until I do.

I normally subsidize their share of the tip. They say they are old, so they don't believe in tipping. I say stay home!

Old 05-03-2014, 01:15 PM

7,107 posts, read 8,252,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarado View Post
I know it should not matter, but I can't help but feel miffed if someone accepts an invitation to dine out, let's say for pizza, and they only eat the cheese because they are dietting!@! or they order hot wings and leave most of the meat on the bone!
Duh, why did they accept the invitation if they were going to ditch half the food?

Or they constantly demand what I feel is excessive service (this is too cold, this is not cooked enough, this tastes burnt, I need more ice, there's too much ice, can you substitute potatoes anna for the fries, can I have extra hollandaise sauce ...in a cup.. on the side.. reheated.. to go, ad nauseum ad infinitum).

I am not a pushover but there are limits!

AREN'T there?
I don't like people who are demanding and rude to wait staff. I dated someone whose family was like that and I finally had to stop going out to eat with them. Yes, they may be there to serve you but they are not your personal servants and if all restaurants are so bad get off your lazy ass and cook your own food.

I also can't stand people who go out to eat and are picky about the food because they are dieting. If you're on that strict of a diet don't go out to eat or order a salad or something. I also don't like people who constantly have to remind you they are dieting.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:44 PM

30,686 posts, read 9,172,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
This thread is for those who "enjoy" kvetching. Try enjoying "your" life.

Silly me. Here I thought it was simply a fun thread and didn't for a minute think that the OP (or anyone else responding) was actually beating her head against the wall about these behaviors.

Lighten up.

Oh, and BTW...it used to annoy me when we'd bring in goodies at work, and women would use their fingers to take only a bit of the treat--ie., half a brownie or half a cannoli.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:38 PM

1,136 posts, read 1,374,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
people who eat so fast it makes me think I'm being slow but I know I'm not.
Also people- even family- who take food from your plate without asking permission first.
Wow! I forgot about the people who violate your plate space.
I am a crazy person on this - NO ONE takes or adds to my plate without my permission..EVER!

I once threatened a co-worker with a fork in the back of his hand if he ever took a morsel from my plate again.
I got so adrenalinized i remember it with fury to this day.

Other than this I am a sweet, mild mannered, unflappable lady that very little bothers....really... sort of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or