U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 02:53 PM

17,159 posts, read 22,175,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Silly me. Here I thought it was simply a fun thread and didn't for a minute think that the OP (or anyone else responding) was actually beating her head against the wall about these behaviors.

Lighten up.

Oh, and BTW...it used to annoy me when we'd bring in goodies at work, and women would use their fingers to take only a bit of the treat--ie., half a brownie or half a cannoli.
that isnt as bad as someone taking a bite when no one is looking then putting it back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 04:01 PM

7,041 posts, read 8,199,280 times
This might be the most irritating eating behavior.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UXzUL2oo8

Old 05-03-2014, 04:05 PM

13,997 posts, read 10,136,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
I don't even know what that's about, but I can't bring myself to watch it.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:43 PM

66 posts, read 138,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarado View Post
I know it should not matter, but I can't help but feel miffed if someone accepts an invitation to dine out, let's say for pizza, and they only eat the cheese because they are dietting!@! or they order hot wings and leave most of the meat on the bone!
Duh, why did they accept the invitation if they were going to ditch half the food?
Suppose said person has to really push themselves to be sociable/flexible...and coming in the first place was a big step for them. Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in his or her shoes.

But to answer the question, one of the worst things (to me) is when people put salt all over something without tasting it. I guess it's fine when they've done it before with their "usual", but, if, say, someone has cooked for them, I find it pretty rude.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,526,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
This makes me shudder in disgust.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:15 PM

277 posts, read 232,553 times
People that chew with their mouths open.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:39 PM

7,041 posts, read 8,199,280 times
SeaofGrass and Adi from the Brunswicks, I think that scene is the funniest in Animal House. It seems appropriate for this discussion considering eating behavior doesn't get much more disgusting.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:20 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,565,254 times
Cheap tippers. Going to a friends house and seeing them cooking or preparing a dish then making a
bathroom trip and not washing their hands.....had a friend who came over - she went to the RR
and didn't wash her hands and then attempted to put her fingers into a pasta salad I made....yuck

Double dippers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY2T_fDQi4g

Old 05-04-2014, 01:05 AM

4,156 posts, read 2,161,000 times
I find it annoying when people take pictures of each and every appetizer, entree, salad and dessert and then post them all over the internet. Who wants to dine with these people?

I find all these repetitive food pictures extremely boring. Especially annoying are cruise ship food photos.
One guy on another forum eats raspberries and blueberries for dessert nearly every night, and nevertheless posts a new picture of the fruit plates each time. Arggggggghhhhh.

Of course, I appreciate step by step photos of food in recipe books.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:44 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,296,237 times
I'll pass on the video since I'm eating a very late dinner right now.

Other than the things already mentioned (I don't think I saw this one): People whose teeth scrape their fork. Shudder.

People who want to 'share' an appetizer, then shove 90% of it into their pie hole at the speed of lightning. I wised up fast with someone who did that and made sure to take half and put it on my plate, pronto.

I remember years ago going to the rest room while having a meal and my server was also in there, and she left without washing her hands. Ick.

The dumping salt/ketchup all over everything reminded me of a great 'Chef!' episode where the chef blows a gasket when a patron asks for salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or