Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 12:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Well, to be fair. They didn't necessarily know what the food would taste like, or what it would exactly be like, when they accepted the invitation.

And if they're only eating the cheese because they're dieting ... they're not going to be successful in their diet.

But I'll give you one that irritates me. I can't stand people who are dining out, in a restaurant, on someone else's dime, and order the most expensive, biggest thing they can find, and then take three-quarters of it home.
Actually, if they're on the Atkins diet, the cheese is all that's allowed. If they stick with it, they're going to be very successful,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 06:38 PM

326 posts, read 498,340 times
I have some really annoying friends who can't pace an order without making three requests for modification. I don't think that's the way to eat out--you eat out to enjoy the food as it was meant to be enjoyed. And I'm not talking about allergies.

I even had a friend send back an order of chinese she found spicy. I tried it and couldn't detect any note of spice at all. I can't stand high maintenance people. Or maybe neurotic is the word.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:27 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
I remember years ago going to the rest room while having a meal and my server was also in there, and she left without washing her hands. Ick.
Did you not say anything?

It hasn't happened recently, but whenever I have seen anyone who works where I eat (server, or worse, cook) not wash their hands, I have called it to their attention and waited around to be sure they washed their hands, even if I was ready to leave the restaurant. I don't want anyone to get sick.

The worst offenders about not washing hands before touching something important, though, is DOCTORS and nurses and lab techs.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:55 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,997,648 times
Loud smacking is high on my list.

So is the person at holiday dinner that complains about feeling miserable because she ate too much...then goes back for more!

Old 05-05-2014, 01:56 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Coming over to our house for a dinner and not eating very much--even when it's a dish I know they like and had prepared specially for them--and I'm a good cook This one friend is very competitive and doesn't like it when you cook something terrific--only she is allowed to do that. Our friendship has cooled over this.

A shame, really. I enjoyed her cooking and ate a lot at their home, and always praised her cooking. Wish she could of done the same for me. At least sometimes.
I had a "friend" like that as well. When a mutual friend told me that my seafood gumbo was the best she'd ever eaten, my "friend's" face dropped and she was cool to me for a couple of weeks afterward.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:16 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
foraging for bottom side of the table gum is a complete turn-off for me

Old 05-05-2014, 03:14 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
people who eat so fast it makes me think I'm being slow but I know I'm not.

Also people- even family- who take food from your plate without asking permission first.

I knew someone like that once, through business. Rich kid, educated in a fancy Manhattan private school, even fancier college degree. Would inhale his food in three minutes and then take his fork and start stabbing it into the food on everyone else's plate. He went after an omelet of mine and I raised my fork-holding hand and said, "Just try it!" He laughed, but backed off. Loser.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:17 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I had a "friend" like that as well. When a mutual friend told me that my seafood gumbo was the best she'd ever eaten, my "friend's" face dropped and she was cool to me for a couple of weeks afterward.
So weird. I also had a friend like that. We had them over for dinner, and her husband loved my pot roast gravy. I could see the shock and anger in her eyes when he said that to me. Another thing people always have loved is my potato salad, and when we went to picnics or whatever and people complimented me, she would make these little snide remarks about how the pieces of celery were too big or something. Really? You have to get so childish over friggin' potato salad? She was a good cook on her own, she had nothing to be jealous over.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:44 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Eating a double-patty cheeseburger, large fries, and a Diet cola.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:50 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Eating a double-patty cheeseburger, large fries, and a Diet cola.
Hey, that's me.
But it's not about trying to save a few calories.
Regular soda is much too sweet for me, never did enjoy it.
I rarely drink soda unless it's a cheeseburger meal, or with pizza or popcorn. I usually eat very healthy and these things are a once in awhile treat. I always enjoy
A diet soda with these, just like the taste better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink