Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 04:51 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,953,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
"do you know where this meat came from"
Wife and I were having dinner in a well-regarded Verona restaurant a few years back and I ordered pastissada as I wanted something with polenta, which Verona is known for.

My wife said, "Did it say what kind of beef they're using? That could be horse, you know."

I replied, "Yep, it certainly could be. And I bet they do a great job with it."

It was delicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 06:54 AM

50,069 posts, read 63,428,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I hate it when people hold their utensils like this! What is up with that?
I absolutely hate this too. It makes them look like a 3 year old.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,575,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I don't like some messy foods. I start pizza with a knife and a fork if it is so hot it will burn my mouth, then pick it up in my hands from the second slice on. It has nothing to do with messiness, and it never occurred to me that it could bother anyone else. If you don't want to watch me eat my first piece of pizza, well, bye, Felicia.
The best pizza around is Chicago deep-dish, which you pretty much have to eat with a fork anyway.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,839,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The best pizza around is Chicago deep-dish, which you pretty much have to eat with a fork anyway.
No, you like Chicago deep-dish pizza best. I'm kind of neutral towards it.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:35 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,839,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I hate it when people hold their utensils like this! What is up with that?
I have a friend who eats like that. He also holds his knife in such a strange way, I can't describe it without having him sitting in front of me, doing it. And he sucks all his food into his mouth rather than letting the utensil touch his mouth. Oh, the noises he makes when he eats. Especially soup. Uggh.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:36 AM

677 posts, read 649,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sometimes the opposite is annoying, like people eating pizza with a knife and fork. Although, recently I found myself doing that, but it was because I got a vegetable slice that was so loaded I wouldn't have been able to pick it up without all the vegetables falling off. But a plain piece of cheese pizza being eaten with a knife and fork? I have seen people do that. They just look silly.
My fiance were on vacation this summer in San Francisco, and there was a European couple seated near us (could hear the accents). They proceeded to both order hamburgers and fries, and ate the entire plate with knife and fork, slicing off piece by piece of the burger. I was dumbstruck, having never seen such a thing, and hope I wasn't staring too much, but it was one of those things you can't quite look away from, lol ...

Old 02-09-2016, 02:41 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,777,692 times
Quote:
No, you like Chicago deep-dish pizza best. I'm kind of neutral towards it.
And I can't stand it.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:55 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,042,363 times
Quote:
I have a friend who eats like that. He also holds his knife in such a strange way, I can't describe it without having him sitting in front of me, doing it. And he sucks all his food into his mouth rather than letting the utensil touch his mouth. Oh, the noises he makes when he eats. Especially soup. Uggh.
the food-sucker!! I have witnessed this! this lady at work use to do this....
she would put a grape in a spoon,,,hold it close to her mouth and suck it in...
it was the oddest thing,,,,she did this with many foods....
the high frequency suction sound was a bit annoying after a while

Old 02-09-2016, 09:01 PM

88,154 posts, read 84,024,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That's the first thing that came to mind, but I've known people who do that when they are having problems with a tooth or their dentures.
Ah, that makes sense.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:10 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,321,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My father-in- law does that too. He hates eating with his hands except for snacks like nuts or cheese and crackers. He won't eat corn on the cob; instead, he sits and waits for me or his wife to cut it off the cob for him. He won't eat ribs, fried chicken, or any kind of sandwich either.
The most annoying thing about that to me would be that it falls to the womanfolk to cut the corn off the cob FOR him. You aren't three, cut your own damned food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink