U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 05:39 PM

16,494 posts, read 17,525,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I wonder if anybody stopped eating honey when they found out how it is produced.

BTW, there are rumours that honey is a good sleep aid if eaten at bedtime - any experiences?
Hell no. I don't much care. I eat honey.I love it

There is some coffee bean or nut that is harvested after some monkey or lemur pops it out.

You ever eat haggis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 06:30 PM

22,712 posts, read 21,770,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGecko View Post
Escargot do not taste anything like eggs!

And I beg to differ, but caviar, calamari, and tripe are all super-gross! However I'll stick by the bee vomit.
They taste like eggs if kmb says they do. There's nothing gross about the other foods mentioned.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:12 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,478,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'll eat bee vomit over a hot dog any day.
Hahahaha........i thought you were saying you liked hot dogs with honey on them!!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 PM

4,279 posts, read 3,291,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
They taste like eggs if kmb says they do. There's nothing gross about the other foods mentioned.
The ones I ate were the cheap canned ones from the supermarket. I think I need to try the fresh gourmet ones before I make judgments about all eatable snails.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:14 PM

3,396 posts, read 5,975,302 times
The fact is we are animals, and we can only stay alive by eating organic material that is created by other living animals or plants (including the plants and animals themselves). If you can't accept that fact then you're living in a fantasy world.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:04 AM

7,131 posts, read 5,947,609 times
I enjoy honey but it's high in fructose. Not that there's anything wrong with that in moderation... but a lot of people avoid 'high fructose corn syrup' but will shovel down the honey thinking it's healthier for them. It may well have certain benefits, but my point is... high fructose corn syrup is really not significantly worse for a person than pure sugar.. the ratio of fructose and glucose is similar in all these simple sugars.

Sugar tastes better though.. HFCS is a cheap knockoff so that's why I don't like it.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:49 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,633,154 times
How is it equivalent to vomit?

There is no equivalency which you need if you are going to apply an animal term to an insect. Honey is made in a separate pouch of the bee, not a stomach that ultimately ends up extracting goodness from it and pooping the rest out the back end - that would be the "equivalent" of the human stomach.

Secondly, its a nutritional foodstuff purposed for....being eaten (by bees, but...). Vomit, in contrast, is involuntarily rejected stomach contents that are otherwise meant to be travelling through the ileum and colon for processing.

Just plainly different things.

Its like saying bee wings are really arms, just dumb.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:57 AM

3,322 posts, read 3,564,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Actually milk is cow sweat.

H
Now THIS has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Have you ever seen a cow?
If so, you may have noticed the large mammary glands they have between their hind legs. There are four teats attached made for feeding their young. The calves, or the milking machine, are not extracting sweat from the teats, they are extracting milk. Do you know that human mothers feed their young from their mammary glands as well? Are you under the impression these mothers are expressing sweat into their infants mouths?

I certainly hope this is supposed to be a joke. If so, it wasn't funny enough to come across as one.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:15 AM

4,580 posts, read 6,143,617 times
To me lobsters look like a giant bug but I get past it. I don't like crab because it's a pain to eat. I'm not a big honey fan.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,711,700 times
Learned that years ago but it doesn't bother me. I LOVED peanut butter and honey sandwiches growing up but haven't had that for years since I pretty much gave up bread. Come to think of it I haven't even had honey in years. DD loves to put honey in her chamomile tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink