Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 03:25 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
How doe the body know what kind of sugar it takes in? Can it tell the difference?
glucose goes right into the bloodstream immediately.. fructose needs to be processed first by the liver to be used. Some health conspiracy nuts say this is bad for the liver, but the evidence is rather inconclusive... large amounts of refined carbohydrates of any kind can be bad for a person if they consume too many in a short period of time, faster than the pancreas can secrete the insulin needed to keep them in check.

Lots of things can be bad for you though, and every body chemistry is different. My newest discovery is that high levels of iron could be responsible for many diseases as people age, particularly in males, and that regular blood donation among men is important.

I wouldn't worry about eating oranges, apples, and grapes in small to moderate quantities daily... can after can of regular mountain dew? That could be more problematic in the long run... and refined store bought orange juice, or any pasteurized fruit juices, are really no more healthy than soda and should only be consumed in moderation and not seen as 'health drinks'

Old 05-08-2014, 09:03 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Just a reminder before anyone gets too serious.

A good bit of this thread seems to be intended as "Tongue in Cheek" and not as a biology lesson.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:32 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
Boobs are often classified as modified sweat glands so calling cow milk cow sweat IMHO is cute/fun/ny and truer than calling honey bee vomit.

Well in that case I think a few thank you to all are in order

I would like to thank all human females and their modified sweat glands. Weather they were modified naturally or in a doctors office. My eyes thank you.

And cows well I thank you for helping me eat my cereal in the morning. Cereal and cow sweat. What's not to like. My tummy thanks you.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:07 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Lets go to the slaughterhouse and learn about food.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:10 PM

487 posts, read 748,094 times
But I can't figure out why anyone would intentionally try to plant this image in a person's head - anyone older than about 5, at least. It's either very juvenile or deliberately off-putting - and either way, it seems pretty unnecessary.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
What a ridiculous thread. People have been enjoying honey for centuries. Get over it. It is here to stay no matter what it is. Geez.
OK, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
Relax! Why does this very light-hearted thread cause such condescension?
Exactly.

I love it when people see a title plain as day, then feel the need to open the thread and opine on how useless and/or revolting it is.

Forums are for discussion.

/end.

P.S. I'm going to the farmer's market tomorrow where I can buy freshly collected honey, complete with thick honeycomb. Can't wait!

Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Folks just enjoy the thread and don't get too wound up. Either contribute or move along. If posts bother you remember to report them if you think they violate the TOS. Thanks and have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink