U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 06:30 AM

11,742 posts, read 16,486,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i must confess.. I am a proud owner of a few llbean tote bags,,,,but im not a snob

years ago, going to a dinner party, I brought a gift in an LLbean Bag (tote) AND a longaberger Basket
we were definitely stylin for mainers... i proudly placed the LLbean tote on the gift table and pulled the basket out placed it in front,, I looked around, our bag was standing tall,-the basket, the other women made of "ohhhh i love itttt" can i look inside"???

well, this is where the night took a quick turn,,,

i brought over a gift, but it was for a dr. that told me if i could ever spare a deer liver and heart, he'd like to have some..(hadnt had it since he was a teen)
so, being the generous, giving person i am, i put the liver and heart in the longaberger basket..

...I wished i had a camera/video for the reactions..one lady wasnt sure what it was and picked up the heart- she freaked/screamed and threw it against a wall,,,the english spaniels ate the thing before we could grab it
OT but a good one:>) You made my morning!
I splurged on a zippered one when we lived in "snow country". Nice to have dry groceries in a world where you lug your stuff on a bike or public transit. And somewhat of an added handicap for "borrowers".

Now - who has time and energy to check on others to find that they upgrade their grocery bags? Who here read the book Im Armani zum Aldi; roughly translated To Aldi In Armani?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 08:02 AM

13,718 posts, read 22,856,503 times
I have been looking for the German Aldi Nord reusable bags that I saw at a bus stop months ago but have been unsuccessful. Until I do, I use my chile pepper bags from Peppers Supermarket in Deming, NM.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:51 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,159,407 times
That's just weird. At Aldi you have to bring in your own bags or purchase their bags anyway.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:05 PM

557 posts, read 1,172,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Aldi doesn't give free shopping bags. So one needs to bring their own bags unless they want to pay extra. So one's own bags can be from another store which one packs themselves at Aldi. Why would one then swap bags when one chooses the bags to begin with it?
Exactly.

I havenít seen people switching bags outside of Aldi. Since you can (and youíre expected to) bring bags that you already have into Aldi I donít know why they would bother buying bags at Aldi.

I usually bring reusable bags, but sometimes Iíll bring whatever plastic bags I have with me into Aldi. So I might walk out of Aldi with my groceries in bags from CVS or Walmart or whatever. I haven't bought the bags at places like Aldi, Save-A-Lot and Price Rite.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:19 PM

17,175 posts, read 22,210,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Please tell me it was wrapped before you placed it in the basket.
thats what made this a bit amusing,,,the wtf factor,,,something you dont see everyday, but when you go to touch/feel/grab it out od curiosity ,,,,you immediately think its going to start moving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink