Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:34 AM

5,119 posts, read 16,592,135 times

Advertisements

I can't believe people would switch their bags. Never would've thought of this. What a waste of time & energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 10:37 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,603,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Is anyone else amazed there are now 6 pages of people discussing grocery bags?
Not really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I can't believe people would switch their bags. Never would've thought of this. What a waste of time & energy.
Some of us are retired.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florian73 View Post
I don't understand why people in the U.S. bring bags to Aldi when shopping there? Isn't it normal to take a cart, fill the cart with groceries. Put them at the checkout on the belt. After the groceries are scanned by the cashier I put or throw the groceries back into the cart. Then I push the cart to my car and pack the groceries in "Klappboxen" (foldable boxes), which are already placed in the trunk of the car. At home I carry the boxes into the kitchen. Done! :-)

Bag customers at Aldi the groceries directly on the checkout in bags? Lasts that not way to long, and the cashier get angry? Or put the customers the groceries back into the cart and bag them on the long counter that is opposite to the checkout?
Sorry but I had these European staples "un clap". LL Bean canvas bags with long handles are my staples. Medium is identical with brown paper bags and you can occasionally catch them on sale.
Open-Top Boat and Tote Bag: L.L.Bean Boat and Totes | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

Old 05-07-2014, 10:47 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Aldi doesn't provide bags, so you can't have seen anyone swapping Aldi bags for another type of bag. Nice try.
what is wrong with you lady.... do you live in Glasgow.. and know what goes on. Being a snob has no boundaries when the neighbours watch you unpack your groceries in Newton Mearns or Bearsden... so dont kid yourself. Many have witnessed this going on outside Lidls etc. Maybe they pay for bags then swap..personally it doesnt embarrass me one bit and Id carry charity shop bags or Primark and wouldnt care who saw me..

Old 05-07-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Wow, Agenda 21 is very real. I bet your area is planned, green, sustainable, geared for climate change and tied to ICLEI.

ICLEI USA Members — ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability USA
Yeah, I think Whole Foods aims to be very PC.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Wow, Agenda 21 is very real. I bet your area is planned, green, sustainable, geared for climate change and tied to ICLEI.

ICLEI USA Members — ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability USA
Yeah, I think Whole Foods aims to be very PC.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:58 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
what is wrong with you lady.... do you live in Glasgow.. and know what goes on. Being a snob has no boundaries when the neighbours watch you unpack your groceries in Newton Mearns or Bearsden... so dont kid yourself. Many have witnessed this going on outside Lidls etc. Maybe they pay for bags then swap..personally it doesnt embarrass me one bit and Id carry charity shop bags or Primark and wouldnt care who saw me..
The question pertains:

Since at ALDI, one bags one's own groceries, and Since, the alleged bag-swappers already have their up-scale bags in their car, wait for it......Why wouldn't they just bag the stuff in the store and not have to exchange their goodies into said up-scale bags?

No, I don't live in Scotland, but I once played a Scot in a show. However, logic and clear-thinking would suggest that while you may have seen this bag-swap once, I can't align my mind to it being an on-going occurrence.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:01 PM

320 posts, read 480,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Is anyone else amazed there are now 6 pages of people discussing grocery bags?

LOL, that was my first impression too...until someone took the opportunity to extrapolate that re-usable grocery bags are signs of the U.N.'s efforts to establish a new world order (i.e. Agenda 21). I guess this topic is the C-D forum (over-determined) political metaphor du jour.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:28 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Simple question ....

WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE?? It's shopping bags! Freaking shopping bags!

Old 05-07-2014, 04:04 PM

552 posts, read 1,055,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Simple question ....

WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE?? It's shopping bags! Freaking shopping bags!
But, but....but - the thrill of big glossy shopping bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink