U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 06:26 AM

4,029 posts, read 1,966,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DomesticGoddess View Post
Hands down, it would be Krispy Kremes! The first time I had a Krispy Kreme was over 10 years ago and in another state. After I took that first bite, I thought I had died and went to heaven. Over 5 years ago, one of our grocery stores started selling them, and I could of jumped for joy, as I loved those delectable doughnuts. But for some reason they didn't sell well, so the store no longer sold them. I do have a couple other store-bought favorites, but nothing beats a Krispy Kreme as far as I'm concerned.

From time to time I make my own drop donuts, either cinnamon and sugar, or pumpkin flavored, and those are always good too! My family goes nuts over those drop doughnuts; especially our oldest daughter.
Not really a donut aficionado but I would agree with KK. I go by there and if the line is running I get them to bring me one (or two) before they spray them with that sugar coating. The fresh fried dough is awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 PM

54,252 posts, read 38,307,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Britts Donuts at Carolina Beach
138 reviews every one 5 stars

Britt's Donuts - Carolina Beach, NC | Yelp
And, they opened for the weekend on Good Friday!

As a side note, Café du Monde's beignet mix gives you a pretty good make-at-home alternative in its own right.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:16 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,497,671 times
If you're older and lived in Ca. you'll know who I mean. The Helms man buttermilk donut was the best hands down. Gosh we were lucky to have this company drive to our homes and deliver their delicious baked goods. Looking at Wiki, I learned they sent the 1st bread into space on Apollo 11, cool.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:37 PM

330 posts, read 151,835 times
Glazed donuts in Publix.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:39 PM

330 posts, read 151,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i like the cream filled ones at d.d.

doughnuts are one of those foods- i like A LOT, but know its best to avoid them,,,id eat 3-4 a day if i thought they wouldnt kill me..
they taste too good to be healthy
I don't eat them often but when I do, I will often get a tray of 6 and eat them all at once. I know that is so unhealthy.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:09 PM

7,614 posts, read 10,418,337 times
Hot malasadas from Leonard's in Honolulu.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:25 PM

302 posts, read 193,537 times
pink lemonade with bavarian cream and lemon gummy is strait up noggin blower i got it in okla city methinkks

Old 03-29-2016, 01:28 PM

2,894 posts, read 1,501,265 times
A Honey Dip donut from Spunky Dunker's. Yeast raised. Their chocolate frosted yeast raised comes in a VERY close second.

A

Old 03-29-2016, 01:54 PM

69,386 posts, read 79,598,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
I'm a bit surprised someone else mentioned this place. This place was a college tradition at Caltech, at least it was in the late 90s. I have no idea why we called it "Far Fosters" because the actual name is The Donut Man. It's on Foothill (i.e. Rt 66) in Glendora and they're famous for their strawberry donuts. They aren't so much strawberry topped as they are strawberry filled. And you know they're good because you can only get them in season.

It may be their most famous donut, but it's not my favorite. When the spring strawberry season is over, summer brings the peach donut, which is even better. So many great memories of 2AM donut runs.
you got. The fresh peach donuts were also great but yes, the strawberry one were everyone's favorite. They just had or have the best and have been featured on several TV programs.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:05 PM

69,386 posts, read 79,598,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
If you're older and lived in Ca. you'll know who I mean. The Helms man buttermilk donut was the best hands down. Gosh we were lucky to have this company drive to our homes and deliver their delicious baked goods. Looking at Wiki, I learned they sent the 1st bread into space on Apollo 11, cool.
oh I remember the old Helms man. As a kid I loved the chocolates; later my kids learned to love them as well. Those were the days, my friend as the song goes. I also remember the milk man and the Jewel Tea guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink