U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 PM

13,055 posts, read 21,181,327 times

Advertisements

All you can eat, to me, means a place you won't catch DontH8Me. Right on par with Chuck E. Cheese's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 08:14 PM

774 posts, read 702,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ford View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tuoujo7v9c

that brunch is awesome. It ought to be for $49.50
price list here:
salty's waterfront seafood grills - saturday & sunday brunch: Salty's on alki beach
yes, they have limo service.

If it's an american buffet, i get a plate of ribs and another plate of mashed potatoes and gravy. And done.
oh yeah!

Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 PM

13,527 posts, read 29,487,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freepelican View Post
Way back when I was a college kid, there was a Mexican restaurant not far from campus that had an all you eat menu (but they served you) plus we got a 10% discount with our student ID. On top of that was insanely cheap. Being the little piggies that we were, we'd skip breakfast, skip lunch, and then late afternoon/early dinner time arrive ravishingly hungry. I honestly don't know how on Earth they made any profit whatsoever as we ordered multiple plates and then ate them out of house and home with the sopapillas with honey.
LOL. Reminds me of 'The Klumps'.
Nutty Proffessor II The Klumps (2000): All You Can Eat Dinner 2 - Video

My parents have a friend that they take to a buffet occasionally, he has a BIG appetite and when they arrive he says "I'm fixin' to shut em' down".

Old 05-21-2014, 10:15 PM

421 posts, read 616,116 times
A few years back, I asked a manager of an AYCE restaurant who said the vast majority of diners fill up on the least expensive foods (bread, iceberg lettuce salad, potatoes, rice, pasta, mac & cheese, jello, soda, etc.), especially kids.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:17 PM

13,714 posts, read 22,856,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Salt and Pepper Shrimp is one of the easiest recipes to prepare. The trick is to find a recipe that uses corn starch if, like me, you like eat the whole shrimp - shell and all.

It is NOT that I cannot make the dish as much as I cannot locate an ADEQUATE source for head-on shrimp in my immediate area. If I am heading into Chicago or certain suburbs (25-30 miles), I can stop and pick some up. Those trips are getting less frequent these days.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:18 PM

9,863 posts, read 8,991,235 times
I gave up on buffets when I watched a child play in the food, then lick her fingers and move to another selection.

I realize I don't now what happens behind closed doors in a restaurant, but I don't have to watch it in person.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:21 PM

12,448 posts, read 10,152,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
It is NOT that I cannot make the dish as much as I cannot locate an ADEQUATE source for head-on shrimp in my immediate area. If I am heading into Chicago or certain suburbs (25-30 miles), I can stop and pick some up. Those trips are getting less frequent these days.
LOL - calm down, no one is saying you can't cook. If I can't find head-on shrimp I just use what's available. If I'm REALLY "jonesing" for a fried shrimp head I just go to the local sushi bar and order "Sweet Shrimp" (Amaebi) - I get the fried head AND a raw shrimp tail.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:56 AM

5,708 posts, read 4,288,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
Eat till you explode then eat again?
This, obviously.

When I see all-you-can-eat, it better mean all-you-can-eat!

Old 05-22-2014, 01:14 AM

6,171 posts, read 4,962,247 times
Once a week I go to a local Asian run buffet. $8 all you can eat. I usually get a plate of fried rice and a side of these awesome mushrooms with pork sauce. I get my dollars worth but I definitely don't over do it. And yeah the only non obese people there seem to be the Asian staff members.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:35 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,297,962 times
I was at an all-you-can-eat brunch and at first made the rounds and took a little of some different things, decided what I liked, and then went back and got larger portions of those items for my meal. I think it means you can take more if you want it, but does not mean load up your pockets, etc., or eat till you get sick.

I did take a couple of crackers for later, and forgot about them till I got home the next day (after flying all night).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or