U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 04:38 PM

4,729 posts, read 8,388,288 times

Advertisements

I must be weird, cuz AYCE usually means that I can have a bite or two of exactly what I want from a large selection of things and different cuisines instead of a "full serving" of what someone else decides goes together. It means I can have a smaller plate with just salad type stuff, a larger plate with entree type stuff, maybe another small plate with just side items, and maybe a small plate or bowl of dessert type stuff. Just what I want, in just the amounts that I want, without anything touching if I don't want it to... not a total gorgefest with mountainous plates.

Even at regular "buffets" some server usually forks over a huge slab of something or something is already plated in a larger portion than I want. Self-serve AYCE means I can get little bites and as many plates as needed to keep like with like without necessary having it all piled on there willy-nilly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 04:48 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,391,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I eat no more than I usually would.

I don't want the bloated feeling so I rarely over eat, no matter how delicious something is.

I try to save room for dessert but these days I rarely have it, unlike my younger years when dessert was all I ate at these places.

I never have entree or soup or anything, just a main.

Australian main courses are about half the size of American ones yet they're still often too big for me.

I am a good eater and not picky at all. Just more aware of being greedy I guess.
The above is out the window if it's a seafood buffet.

Then I'm afraid I line up at the trough repeatedly, with the rest of them. Not the fried though, it's too filling.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:27 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,572,137 times
I cant eat more than 2 plates of food anyways, so that is my definition of all you can eat.

And I can eat only if something is 100% vegetarian.

This is my typical traditional meal every afternoon, so no more than 1 plate unless I skipped food for 1 day:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Z...20Thaali04.JPG

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 05-22-2014 at 05:38 PM..

Old 05-22-2014, 07:30 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,626,820 times
And as usual, a thread about all you can eat brings out the fat haters. It sickens me that people can be so hateful toward other human beings.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:46 PM

273 posts, read 280,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I cant eat more than 2 plates of food anyways, so that is my definition of all you can eat.

This is my typical traditional meal every afternoon, so no more than 1 plate unless I skipped food for 1 day:

You eat this daily?! Wow!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:04 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,572,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiplingif View Post
You eat this daily?! Wow!
Yup, eat one plate and you are filled for 8+ hours . Today, our Combo's with rice were a little different. We had coconut payasam, Yam Roast, flat beans kootu (kootu is a spicy stew in south India), and Red chili rasam instead.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:20 PM

4,729 posts, read 8,388,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post

What are the volumes of the bowls? If they're 1/2 cup each, with 1 cup of rice and the bread & sweet roll, that would be more than I could eat in a single sitting; but would probably be about right for an entire day... with a couple 3oz servings of animal protein (egg, cheese, meat) since I don't so well on veggie protein only.

I can't eat one big meal a day anymore, my blood sugar gets all funky if I don't eat 100-200 calories every 2-3 hours... so I'd probably eat one of those bowls at a time throughout the day.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:23 AM

144 posts, read 153,726 times
Almost every time we have gone to an all you can eat place it is with my parents. I always fill my plate with various veggies the first trip because we can't afford to get too many fresh veggies and I am the only one that likes them in our house. Next trip I get one or 2 small pieces of meat and 2 or 3 small servings of sides. If I think I have room I will have 2 very small things for desert or one piece of pie or cake. It is almost never worth it for me to go money wise. I just can't eat too much at once and I am already struggling with weight and trying to lose it. I do not go to buffets anymore.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:01 AM

1,328 posts, read 707,593 times
I went to one of those feeding corrals about three years ago and was in awe. I went straight for the dessert buffet (not wasting my macros on crappy food when I can eat cake!) They made money off of me, seriously. I was fascinated by how much people ate. I had so much fun watching all the people eat! I need to tell my BF that I want to go there again!

Old 05-23-2014, 01:22 AM

4,583 posts, read 6,168,276 times
Vegas Babyyyyyyyy. Myself I like the breakfast buffets especially the sausage links. But soon I'm have to hit the Rio.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=Q1yQ3hUz3z8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or