U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:49 PM

861 posts, read 944,229 times

Advertisements

1-2 servings?
3-5 servings?
Eat till you explode then eat again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 07:51 PM

279 posts, read 265,868 times
What does "All You Can Eat" mean to you?

It means I'm in the wrong restaurant !!!

Old 05-17-2014, 08:35 PM

4,946 posts, read 4,336,411 times
I pretty much do that every day. It is usually one serving of whatever is on the menu. When I go out to all-you-can-eat buffets, I never over indulge to the point of feeling uncomfortable. Believe me, many times another helping of my favorite shrimp, crab or other delicacy has tempted me but I know better.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:44 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
We don't do all you can eat buffet unless we are meeting my Mother who insists on Golden Corral and I get one bite of whatever it is I want and that is enough for me. Not worth the cost but my Mother enjoys it so it is worth the cost in the end.
Otherwise all I can eat is the amount it takes to make me full, not stuffed, not miserable just full.
When I weighed a lot more than I do now and I did not care about anything but food all you can eat was a jackpot with a bonus spin and a daily double topped with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and butterscotch sauce all on the same dish of ice cream.
Those days ceased to exist about 20 years ago now and have not crept back into my lifestyle.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,461,804 times
I immediately think of this:

Mr. Creosote Blows Up - YouTube

Old 05-17-2014, 09:38 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,225,640 times
Gluttony.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,409,088 times
Warning: This article contains stories that might make you question humanity. Getting punched in the face for a crab leg? Wow. Just wow.

Restaurant Adds Surcharge For All-You-Can-Eat Customers Who Don’t Clear Plate

Old 05-18-2014, 05:40 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,489,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
1-2 servings?
3-5 servings?
Eat till you explode then eat again?
Two or three full plates... where "full" usually means "mountainous".

And then I don't have to eat again for the rest of the day. Although, I must admit, I usually feel sick for the remainder of the day... and the "hungry" feeling that I feel the morning after is far more nauseating than it is when I'm eating more civilized portions of food. I guess that makes me no better than the average alcoholic... I wonder why those people drink until they get sick... but they may wonder why I eat until I get sick.

I don't hit all-you-can-eat places all that often. The reason why I stuff myself at those places is simple - you get the most food for your money if you do that.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:34 AM

19,380 posts, read 17,079,986 times
I eat as much as I can until I am full.

I usually like to go to buffets on a not so busy night during the week when prices are usually cheaper. When going up to a buffet, I fill my plate up, but not vertically. You can always go back to get more food.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:42 AM

1,107 posts, read 977,463 times
All-You-Can-Eat Buffets used to be places I would absolutely gorge myself at. I'd go to the Pizza Ranch, for example, and throw down 15 pieces of pizzas, 5 pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of cheese bread, and 2 heaping scoops of mashed potatoes. I'd also mix in a salad for dessert. Oh and ice cream to cut the grease if that particular location had it (some do, some don't). I used to think that I needed to eat like that to get my money's worth. I am not one to waste food and I'd always clean my plate. My rule was that if you do buffets right, then you won't have to worry about eating the rest of the day. I'd walk out there, 7 plates later, stuffed, but not feeling sick. I used to have such a large appetite.

However, since I'm been on my diet, I've noticed that I can no longer throw down like I used to. Now I go to Jason Deli's and get the salad bar and it's usually 2 large plates with a plethora of assorted salads, 2 beverages, and a froyo cone. After that, I'm full. Or I go to HuHot now and get 2 stir fries when I used to do 7. Because I eat mostly healthy now, I've noticed my stomach can no longer tolerate massive quantities of food. So buffets no longer mean I have to eat like it's my last meal on Earth. Now they're just an occasional treat for me. I probably still eat more than most at them, but I'm not the glutton I once was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or