U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:10 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,051,698 times

Advertisements

i'll jump on the salmon bandwagon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm addicted to smoked salmon. IT tastes heavenly!

But I've tried salmon prepared in other ways, and in all other forms except being smoked, I hate the taste.

I'm also adding to my list:

Raisins
Beets
Ricotta Cheese
Peanut Butter
Raw Tomatoes
Iceberg Lettuce
Squash (of any form)
Squid/Octopus
Liver (any liver...)
Tripe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 02:17 PM

2,144 posts, read 2,804,312 times
Like several others...my # 1 thing I cannot stand is BEER. I can't even tolerate the odor of it. Wish I could like it, it would be easy to order one in a bar and sip it all night.

Coconut water.....nasty.

Eggplant....just don't like the flavor and texture.

Lima beans...I can't, I just can't....hate the texture.

Almost everything else is fine with me.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:19 PM

441 posts, read 359,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Squash (pumpkin not included).I want to like it because is low in calories and I like almost every single vegetable and fruit with that one exception. Plus I love the shapes squash comes in. I found some ok ways to eat it (roasted with potatoes is tolerable or in risotto) but I'm convinced there has to be a way I haven't tried preparing it. My poor husband hates it too and always looks disappointed when I try to replace potatoes with a new squash side dish.

Most people who rave about squash smother it in butter and brown sugar, but I'm not into drowning my food in butter and sugar - at that point even a cardboard box would taste good.
For squash, I steam it, then cube it. Mix it in a bowl with the tiniest bit of EVOO, some cayenne, some sea salt, black pepper, and then garlic powder. I throw it in a scorching hot pan, and get it crispy on the sides. LOVE it!

Old 05-20-2014, 04:18 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,172,251 times
I like the sounds of that AndreaSoup - I'll have to give it a go next time I'm still not giving up!

Old 05-20-2014, 04:36 PM

34,585 posts, read 42,755,715 times
I don't like oysters, or hot shrimp dishes, but I keep trying them in hopes I will learn to like them.
I hate peppers cooked in things, but DH likes them so I tolerate them, although they're OK raw.
I don't really like beer, but I like the idea of a beer in certain situations, so I keep trying.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:25 PM

6,221 posts, read 7,405,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Habe you ever had Eggplant Parmigiana? It's divine.
I habe. It's not. But TY.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:40 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,113,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Fast food. I always regret eating that crap!
I eat it when I don't have time to go out or cook....which isn't often, but I always feel nasty after ordering from Micky Dee's or BK.

In the 80s people kept trying to tell me how awesome this junk was. It was just bad, bland salty greasy food "product".

Old 05-20-2014, 05:43 PM

3 posts, read 1,699 times
Bananas and shrimp!

Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM

3,296 posts, read 2,183,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Like several others...my # 1 thing I cannot stand is BEER. I can't even tolerate the odor of it. Wish I could like it, it would be easy to order one in a bar and sip it all night.

Coconut water.....nasty.

Eggplant....just don't like the flavor and texture.

Lima beans...I can't, I just can't....hate the texture.

Almost everything else is fine with me.
I can't stand coconut water either and I am definitely not a beer drinker!

Old 05-20-2014, 06:09 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,417,482 times
I used to hate greens - mustard and turnip - as a kid. As an adult, I like them very much. When I was a kid, they seemed so bitter. I think this has something to do with age, vs. just starting to like them better. Age 10... Blech!!!! Age 42, Mmm good. They were good from my 20's. Mom was happy when I started loving her greens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or